One Thousand Dollar Problem

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by REENO, Jun 20, 2005.

1. REENO

REENO LawnSite Member

I Have A Backpack Blower, 2 Push Mowers,a 4-stroke Trimmer,5 Yards( 2 Of Them 2 Acres+) And A Problem. Im Stuck Between Buying A Rinding Lawnmower Or A Trailer. I Have A Friend Who Lets Me Use His Trailer And His Mower If Needed But Before This Becomes An Inconveince And I Spend The Money I Should Get On The Ball. With What Equpment I Have What Would Be The Best Way To Spend A Thousand Dollars?

2. BCSteel

BCSteel LawnSite Senior Member

Used w/b and a sulkey. At least you can get some commercial equipment that way.

3. REENO

REENO LawnSite Member

EXCUSE MY GREENNESS(LOL)NO PUN INTENDED, BUT WHAT IS A SULKEY AND WHERE COULD I GET A W/B FOR CHEAP THAT WONT KONK OUT ON ME?

4. BCSteel

BCSteel LawnSite Senior Member

Take It Or Leave It. I Dont GAF!

5. ercrvs24

ercrvs24 LawnSite Member

A sulky/velke is a platorm, that you stand on and ride behind a walkbehind mower.(Kind of like a trailer that carries you on the back of your mower.) Cheaper than a zero turn rider, but still saves time and miles on your boots.

6. daltonbuck

daltonbuck LawnSite Member

Best way I have found to get a good walk behind is ebay. Always a huge selection and you would want AT LEAST a 36'' cut. Some you can find that already have sulky/velkey or jungle wheels on them. They are all the same. A small platform to stand on with two wheels that lets the mower pull you while you control. Check out ebay. http://www.ebay.com John Deere, Toro, Dane, exmark, Buntyn, Ferris, they are all good brands. Make sure to read the fine print. You don't want one that looks or has been beat up. ALsom not a lot of hours on it. Most w/b have a digital hour gage mounted on them. Good luck. Let us know what you find.

7. scagboy227

scagboy227 LawnSite Member

This is a my 2002 scag 48 w/b with 1409 hours and a velke and a pic of my a yard i mow

wedding & house 016.jpg

wedding & house 102.jpg

8. REENO

REENO LawnSite Member

SORRY DONT KNOW WHAT GAF IS BUT ANY HELP WOULD DO WONDERS.

9. REENO

REENO LawnSite Member

THATS ABOUT WHAT I NEED BUT WHERE TO GET IT FROM AND DOES YORS HAVE A COUNTER ON IT, AND ABOUT WHAT MILEAGE SHOULD I BE WEARY OF ONE?

10. REENO

REENO LawnSite Member

FOUND A USED O2 SCAG HYDRO 48 17HP WHATS THE MOST I SHOULD PAY