1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

One Time Lawn Mowing

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ringahding, Dec 5, 2011.

1. yardguy28

yardguy28 LawnSite Platinum Member

i personally don't feel the need to justify my price to anyone. if someone tries to talk me down or tell me the other did if for this much, i just walk away and tell them to get the other guy.

there is no speech about my cost of doing business and all that. either you pay my price or i don't work for you.

2. ringahding

ringahding LawnSite Senior Member

Exactly..you have an hourly rate per man ?

3. yardguy28

yardguy28 LawnSite Platinum Member

yes i do and i very rarely reveal it to a client.

4. SouthSide Cutter

SouthSide Cutter LawnSite Bronze Member

I will tell them I can get it by Sat. Then I mow it on Wed or Thursday, then do a really good job and never charge them. Because 99% of the time they were in a pinch some way or the other. Thats how I got alot of my accounts. Pretty cheap advertisement!!!!! And if I do get it down the road I know exactly what to charge.

5. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

I wonder how some of you guys get any business. The ability to sell yourself and negotiate is basic business skills. This crap of "take it or leave it" guarantees the customer views you as an a~hole.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. jackal

jackal LawnSite Senior Member

Keyboard commandos always talk tough. How much work can you afford to give away in this economy? There isn't much that I'm willing to give away and most one time jobs are easy money.

7. WJC

WJC LawnSite Senior Member

Only if the yard isnt in too bad of shape. If its a difficult looking yard, then I bid it so high that they dont want me to do it.

8. ralph02813

ralph02813 LawnSite Bronze Member

I am very thankful for those guys, they have helped me build my business!

9. SouthSide Cutter

SouthSide Cutter LawnSite Bronze Member

Are you looking in a mirror?

10. nuge31

nuge31 LawnSite Member

I dont like one time cuts cuz it usually means the home owner hasnt cut it in about 3 wks. I do tell all my customer that if they go away on vacation or whatever I will maintain their lawn. Last year because it was so wet I did several of those one time cuts because it got ahead them and its just not worth it.