One Time Lawn Mowing

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ringahding, Dec 5, 2011.

1. Exact Rototilling

Exact Rototilling LawnSite Fanatic

Do you have a laptop and printer in your truck? Printed invoice?
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. mirrorlandscapes

mirrorlandscapes LawnSite Member

We will, but they have to pay us first. And we will charge a premium for a lawn that is left to seed. We've had 2 people stiff us after we cut the lawn. One never showed up and the other declared bankruptcy. Didn't seem like $25.00 for a lawn would do that to someone lol.

3. TJLANDS

TJLANDS LawnSite Bronze Member

No, Why would you ask?

4. ralph02813

ralph02813 LawnSite Bronze Member

he asked so you could print an invoice on the spot and hand it to them if they needed it.

Personally, on 1 timers, its cash only, unless its a business, and I would never cut for someone who I had never met, or who wasn't there.

5. TJLANDS

TJLANDS LawnSite Bronze Member

Everything needs to go thru the process, estimate done, signed and scheduled. It can be done same day but usually takes a couple days.
    If a customer stops one of my crews, we will make an effort to get it done same day. Sometimes cash in hand will be enough but not likely.
    I need to see the property and make sure it is ok for a one time cut.
    One set of blades ruined would negate any possible chance of profit and I will not risk that for any one timer.

6. ralph02813

ralph02813 LawnSite Bronze Member

I couldn't agree with you more, but the previous comment about a laptop and printer in the truck and my comments would be a way of stream lining your process, thus saving time and money!:cool2:

7. ringahding

ringahding LawnSite Senior Member

This is true, one of my partner companies keeps laptop with him in truck at all times...And customer definitely needs to be there right on the spot