one time

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bville_mower, May 7, 2004.

1. bville_mower

bville_mower LawnSite Member

Does anyone charge double or have some sort of price for a one cut residential?

2. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

I try and price it for a cut and a half. but if its been neglected and really long, gotta be atleast double.
    then try to tell them the benfiets of using us weekly.

3. JKOOPERS

JKOOPERS LawnSite Bronze Member

it all depends if you have a costumer one the route or you have to go out of your way . if you have to go out of your way i would charge double but if you have a costumer close we just bump up the price 10 - 15 $. then you have to take the chance of breaking a window or something like that and you would end up losing money

4. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

If it is normal height, and we have the time to fit them in, then no, it won't be any extra.
    But if it is in dire need of trimming, and the grass is extra high... you better believe it will cost them more. That's if we even choose to be bothered with it. One time cuts can sometimes turn into big headaches.

5. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

i charge at an hourly rate, and take my time. do the whole works.....edge nice, everything. then tell them that to have us regularly, would ONLY be $xxx. they usually bite

6. Ray & Karen

Ray & Karen LawnSite Member

I find that my biggest time waster on one time cuts is "edging" I can usually double cut the lawn and weedeat with not much extra time wasted, but for those lawns that have been neglected, it takes about 10 times as long to edge the property. If that is the case it is definetely double price.