one timers customers

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by TTPRODR, Oct 30, 2007.

TTPRODR LawnSite Member

So far about month and half in this business I have not being able to sign or verbally agree in regular basis service with no one ,I have offer myself to about 15 jobs that I have done so far but none have comeback for regular services,I'm doing a good job on all of 'em even going the extra time to make the lawn the best it can look but no luck in having them to sign up,
    whats the best and most convincing way to get'em ,I mean I charge a $35 for one timer on less than 1/4 acres lot and I have offer $30 for either weekly or biweekly service agreement but nothing,one thing for sure most of the $30 or $35 jobs have end up in $70 and $80 because I have offered other services like hedging and stuff like that.
  2. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

It's not the best season for that and it takes time, but you'd be surprised, I have more than a few only call me once or twice a year, probably half my customer base is like that... I don't really consider them when I count my base, but I wouldn't sign them off either.
    For one, I don't see them enough to remember if they really aggravated me the last time :laugh:
    Honestly thou, in many ways they're just as good as season round customers, and in every sense they are regulars.

Now it's all just nickels and dimes, but 30 x 100 is another 3g if I figure it that way, either way so long they're happy and I get paid I gladly service most of those accounts. Worst part is remembering who is who, it got to where I have two sections in my notebook:
    1) Regular service customers (season round).
    2) Specific service customers (1 - 2 times / year).

ALL accounts I write down address, name, phone number, and price of service (if multi-service then price of the most frequent one).
    For specific services I write down WHAT service they usually get as well.