One Wheel Or Two Wheel Sulky?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Petr51488, Nov 9, 2004.

1. Petr51488

Petr51488 LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

Im going to be buying a sulky for my exmark metro hp. Which would you prefer? The one wheel? or two wheel? I know that the one wheel will give the ugly line down the middle which i don't want. What would you choose? and why?

2. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

Proslide, no wheels, no wheel lines.

3. Petr51488

from NJ

Proslide won't be good for me, i want to be able to do from house to house without walking. I need wheels lol

4. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Two wheels. You don't see the wheel marks because they are right in line with the mower wheels. With a one wheeled, you have this center track right down the middle of your stripes. Plus, they are a rougher ride because they have a tendency to rock just a bit (and rut), not to mention there is not as much room to stand on as a two wheeled, so your knees and legs suffer from a bit more fatigue from lack of position movement.

5. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I use only two wheeled and I love them

6. TJLC

TJLC LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes, I have 2 and plan to buy another. Neat invention.

7. CathyLynn

CathyLynn LawnSite Member

2 wheel velkies forever!

8. Smithers

Smithers LawnSite Silver Member

get the jungle wheels from the exmark dealer. they are beefier and have two wheels.

george

9. Petr51488

from NJ

I plan on getting jungle wheels.. here is the site im getting it from.. do u think its a good price? http://www.alamia.com/index.asp?PG=80&ID=783&VSP=1 wut do u think of the price?

10. Petr51488

from NJ

I also don't want it to be a problem with folding and ECS. Im 6'3-6'4 and i would most likley be crouching down with the ecs.. Makes sence? Or no? Anyone else that tall?