One Year Anniversary - Eric Erickson

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Chuck Smith, Mar 26, 2003.

1. Chuck Smith

Chuck Smith LawnSite Senior Member

It was one year ago today that Eric passed away. :(

Please take a moment to remember him today.

(I know this is off topic for this Forum, but I think this is an exception to the rule.)
  2. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

Thanks Chuck, for the newbies, he was the king of striping forever, PERIOD. Rest in peace :angel: :angel: :angel:
  3. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

I think of him just about every day.

I know he is thinking of us too.:angel:
  4. dhicks

dhicks Member

I miss the ole feller, too. I enjoyed emailing Eric and chatting with him at ungodly hours on AOL. I miss winding him up about his beloved Dixie Choppers and all in good fun, of course. Lawncare does not have the same meaning for me since Eric left for greener pastures. :(
  5. Toroguy

Toroguy LawnSite Bronze Member

If there was a lawn mowing Hall of Fame, he should be inducted, as the first and only inductee.
  6. LWNMWR1

LWNMWR1 LawnSite Member

never knew him but man oh man you can't help but love a guy who could stripe like that.:angel:
  7. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

Thank you for posting this! He is in my daily thoughts. Eric was never too busy to help.

8. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

I believe Dixie Chopper should introduce the "ELM" or Erickson model for all he did for them :)
  9. Esby

Esby LawnSite Senior Member

Keith, thats a great idea; if only Dixie Chopper would take the initiative. He was a great man, its too bad passed on, but only to a better place. God Bless.
  10. Navig8r

Navig8r LawnSite Senior Member

This is an excellent thread.

I began browsing LS last year in April sometime, and I registered soon after.

Although Eric passed before I arrived here, I have learned much from him, and about him.

I think I can safely say that those who knew him, personally, or from LS, are very lucky.

To all Eric's done for all of us ---> :drinkup: