One zone systems solenoide and clock

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by mitjin, Jun 6, 2014.

1. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

It's a fluid situation, maybe driven by copper prices ending the practice of heavy-gauge field wiring. Some resistance is going to be cost-effective in sight of wire cost. A truly 'smart' controller could wiggle voltage down to save on battery power, and possess the ability to know when a solenoid has lifted, by way of the altered field impedance.

2. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

Since you're into all of the electrical lingo Boots, how's your mumble mumble do locating dc solenoids?
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. Wet_Boots

never had any to locate - if they contain a capacitor, I'd have concerns about what the signal voltage could do (I already know it can kill solid-state controllers :rolleyes: )

4. cjohn2000

cjohn2000 LawnSite Senior Member

Did you ever find a supplier for your 200' test leads? :dancing:

5. Wet_Boots

I may have it on a wire reel somewhere, but no real need for it, since I already deduced what must have happened.

6. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

Don't keep us in suspense Shoes, spit it out.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

I don't know about a mumble mumble locator or it's operator but I've located them without issue with my
    Pro800 and my 521. :)
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. Wet_Boots

I'm glad the solenoids survived. It would only make sense for any solenoid components able to survive a triple-digit voltage spike.

9. You guys sure know how to turn a simple question and make it so irrelevant to what the question was asked.:dancing:

First he's a canuck.....our northern brothers well they don't need any more irrelevant thoughts to go through. They tend to elect corrupt people to their government also.

In all the thoughts, nobody mention what is already available at the big box stores and supply houses.

Nelson makes a complete all in one product which would be perfect for this gentleman as it is obvious this person doesn't know how to make rain like we all do.

And it he wants to be a green person like they tend to be, they make a solar version.

Seriously guys we are pros so we all will talk about what we like. Frankly, even if it is a good unit, I will never install a toro product. Toro is to the green industry what Microsoft is to the computer industry. They can't beat you on quality, but just buy you out.

10. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

It's a gift, :waving:
    Posted via Mobile Device