ongoing work pics

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by P.Services, Aug 11, 2008.

1. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

just started into a little project of building a road base and making a swamp. these are a few pics from the machines getting moved over today. i will post a handfull of pics a day.

the road is going through a swamp so im sure some are going to be of a very stuck ct332!!!

PICT0408.jpg

PICT0407.jpg

PICT0409.jpg

PICT0410.jpg

2. KCfireman

KCfireman LawnSite Bronze Member

is that an Autocar dumper?

3. P.Services

yeah shes a trooper!! 1966 with a 350 cummins. she needs alot of work to be road legal so it serves as a offroad haul truck.

4. Dirt Digger2

Dirt Digger2 LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

atleast you didnt get stopped by the DOT...i slid our trackhoe off the lowboy today with muddy tracks and a wet trailer...made it more slippery then ice, luckily i was thinking it was probably going to happen to i was able to catch myself on the road bank and push the tracks back onto the trailer sideways

5. P.Services

man that doesnt sound good!! my dad always tells me the story of his 966 cat flying off the lowboy and sliding down a guys yard and taking out the corner of his garage!! crazy shat!!

6. Construct'O

Construct'O LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Sw Iowa

Looks like you need a little more room for the dozer tracks to set on, the pads are twisted pretty bad.Probably the pins and bushing are getting wore besides.

Plus the tire is kind of close there with the pads twisted.Price of fuel and not having to make extra trip guys got to do what he has too.

Good luck with your project!

7. P.Services

yeah i told him i wanted them both on one load no if ands or buts about it. the p&b's where actully just turned hasnt gone 100' since, it just was barley sitting on the tracks so all the weight was pushin it down. i should have put a few 4x4's down on the trailer to support it.

8. Dirt Digger2

from PA

are you taking on this work by yourself?

9. P.Services

no sir!! i was planing on renting a pc300 from sunbelt and using my single axle and ct332 but my dad is slow so i subed it out to him. i should have said that from the start. its really not that large of a job.

he is going to dig the hole and haul the dirt(hes gona run the truck im gona run the 200). im going to build the road and do all the tree removal across the swamp.

money wise it didnt make since, i could pay him to bring in 3 machines and do the work for the price of renting the 300 so this way will work out better.

10. Dirt Digger2

from PA

after you take care of the trees you may want to think about losing the thumb...it adds a lot of weight especially when you are digging in wet heavy mud...last thing you want to do is get tippy loading trucks, makes for a very uncomfortable day