ONION GRASS

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by cmcfalls, Mar 17, 2001.

1. cmcfalls

cmcfalls LawnSite Member

CAN ANYONE PLEASE HELP WITH WHAT WOULD BE GOOD TO GET RID OF ONION GRASS??? IS THERE A GRANULAR APP OR DO YOU NEED TO SPRAY??? WHAT IS THE BEST TO USE, STUMPED!!!!

2. One thing, please turn off the CAPS lock. Next thing are you asking regarding spraying your lawn or a customers? If you are applying pesticides of any type to a customers lawn you must have a commercial applicators licencse. There are several herbicides that will do the job. Just let us know what this is for. We don't want you to get into trouble with the "MAN", the fines are pretty steep.

3. cmcfalls

cmcfalls LawnSite Member

This is for a customers lawn. She has a lot of onion grass everywhere. I just picked her up as a new customer today and she wants it all gone. Any help would be great.

thanks

4. Jet boater

Jet boater LawnSite Member

5. There are several good products that will control wild onions. I use Trimec Classic, Momentum also works well, so I've been told. Here is a link to a website that should help you out too.

http://www.weedalert.com

6. lawnboy11

lawnboy11 Banned

Enough of the "you need a license" crap before the answer to every question. True, but enough already.

Answer to question is...if you don't know that by now you shouldn't be in this business.

7. Skookum

Skookum LawnSite Senior Member

Lawnboy11,

Wow, are you having a bad day? What would have been your answer for dandelions?

8. lawnboy11

lawnboy11 Banned

Skookum, I'm having a great day, thanks!

I think people should learn about horticulture, turfgrass mgmt., etc, etc, etc. BEFORE they try to start a landscaping business.

9. teamII

teamII LawnSite Member

lawn boy, get a life

if we all knew everything about this business why would we need lawnsite.com?

10. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

Lawnboy11 never got a response to his QUESTION concerning PGR's on shrubs.

He also asked if anyone had used Pennmulch.

These sound like questions to me, if you have been in this business for a while you should know by now.

The man has made 5 posts and your treating him like a dog. Lighten up, your not here to run folks off are you? Attitudes like yours are not very conducive to sharing information in a positive fashion.

Have a good day!