1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Online Bill Payments - Two Questions

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by naturescaretaker, Aug 5, 2005.

1. jim dailey

jim dailey LawnSite Senior Member

A few years back, I had a customer who worked for a computer company that was installing the computer systems for a big Swiss Bank. He rented-out his new house (mansion) here and took the wife and kids with him for 3 years over to Switzerland. I would do the work, send him a bill as an attachment to an e-mail, and he would pay me thru on-line banking. It only took 3 days total, from billing to check in the P.O. Box. That one always kind of amazed me. The wonders of CyberSpace !!!
  2. ProMo

ProMo LawnSite Bronze Member

I used to use bank of america for online payments,my electric was shut off 2x because they didnt record the payment properly. Then the power co tried to tell me it would be turned on the next day I dont think so I gave them 20 minutes and it was back on. I also had a repo guy looking for my trailer.I showed him I made payment weeks earlier.Needless to say I wont use bank of america online anymore
  3. Carolina Cutter

Carolina Cutter LawnSite Senior Member

I use it to pay all of my personal bills....no problems.

I have two customers that pay me this way. No problems there either, about 2 or 3 days and I have a check.

ONE WORD OF CAUTION!!!!!!!! Look at all of your mail very carefully! The check will come in a plain white envelope with the words PAYMENT ENCLOSED near the address window. I almost mistaked my very first payment like this as junk mail and almost tore it up.
  4. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

That's weird then cause I have several clients that pay this way, but one of them uses the largest bank in the Country...BOA and I alwasy get their check 8-10 days AFTER it has been dated.....and BOA is HQ'd 90 miles from me ;)
  5. Shuter

Shuter LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes to the my bill paying. And I have some customers that use either their bank to send me a check or what I have started to see in the past few months is checks coming from a free site www.mycheckfree.com

I got five checks in Aug from my checkfree