1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Online Business Cards design?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Dunn's, Dec 21, 2006.

1. Dunn's

Dunn's LawnSite Bronze Member

Do any of you know a good business card design and ordering service online. We only ask because we are trying to get some new business cards made with our logo on them and all the local places are either crazy priced,keep telling us to get full color like 15 times or more in the same conversation even though we tell them we want a tan card with green ink and that is it, or they can't figure out how to work their own machines to set it up with our logo. Designers and embroidery/screenprinting people drive us nuts. It is like they are all on crack or something.Anyone else feel this way?
  2. GreenN'Clean

GreenN'Clean LawnSite Bronze Member

Have you ever tried Vista Print! I have been using them for a couple years and I'm very satisfied with the quality in the cards and design.
  3. Allure

Allure LawnSite Senior Member

I make my own using avery's paper http://www.staples.com/webapp/wcs/s...rchresultssummary&cmArea=SEARCH¤tpagenumber=2
    they look as professional as any i have seen. They make them for what ever type of printer you have. They come in several colors as well as matte or glossy.

Since you already have a logo why pay someone else to make them.

I can print as few or as many as i want which came in handy when i changed my phone #, then my email address. I wasn't stuck with hundreds of out dated cards.
  4. GreenN'Clean

GreenN'Clean LawnSite Bronze Member

My first order through Vista Print i got 250 cards for free, only had to pay for Shipping which was around $5.00 but the cards are of great quality
  5. stumpslawncare

stumpslawncare LawnSite Member

6. Prestige-Lawncare

Prestige-Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

As I have posted often too ... Vista Print is the way to go. Another tip ... don't pay for faster delivery service! They say the slow way is something like 21 days for something ... I've always had mine in 7 - 9 days! I have ordered from them 3 times, and each time I have been totally happy.

I am going to be using their Post Cards for my advertising this Spring as well.

7. AlleganyLawnCare

AlleganyLawnCare LawnSite Member

8. Prestige-Lawncare

My Post Card may look something like this:
    (simple - not to gaudy looking)

Sample #1

Sample #2

9. Sportsturf

Sportsturf LawnSite Member

Realtor is spelled wrong.

Maintenance is spelled wrong too.
  10. Prestige-Lawncare

I had a good laugh ... it's a good thing they haven't been finalized and sent to the printers yet ...*lol*