Online Calendars

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Flow Control, Feb 4, 2008.

1. Flow Control

Flow Control LawnSite Bronze Member

Anyone use a online Calendar? We are a service company so a lot of my employees take their work trucks home. I have found that online calendars save me the time of calling workers the night before letting them know what they are going to do. They have access to the calendars 24/7 and can see any appointments in the days/weeks ahead. We tried the free on by Google this past year and it is very user friendly (although there were numerous times when an appointment would magically switch to another day) the online calendars are also a nice tool when you combine it with an answering service. So as the calls come in they can schedule them and when you get home you can review the schedule. We have booked over 80 appointments in a day so they are not very limiting from that standpoint. Just really posting an idea that might help a company or two.

2. blueplate

blueplate LawnSite Member

Both Google and Yahoo calendars work well, although never used for scheduling.

3. MowingisMaddness

MowingisMaddness LawnSite Senior Member

How much do you charge to setup an appointment? If you are not charging, it seems like you could chase a lot of dead ends?

4. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

Get yourself a serever. set up Outlook to use it...........

have your guys log in over the internet. or a simple phone line....

they dont have to have the internet. just a modem.

this way you wont have to worrie about data hackers. Or if there Site goes down....

it doesnt have to be a GIANT server...