online estimates

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Rufur, Sep 13, 2000.

1. Wow, @ $ 129.00 a copy, Maybe I got something going. Since I opened my mouth, I guess I will share. Wife's birthday is tonight and you all lose to her.

I should be able to set up and e mail out by the end of the weekend. I think you all will like it, and I am no freaking computer geek, just trying the most ecomomical ways to do business.

It is a basic program set up in Excel to calculate known values at preset rates, ( both production and hourly units) based upon your own time measurents). I set it up in a couple of hours, but have only used it for a couple of bids so far. Should have done this last winter.

There are no heavy macros involved, but basic knowledge of Excel will help you see the links and formula's.

You can easily change values and rates. I will send it with my last bid in it, so you can play with it. Remember, you can see the formulas displayed and that tells you what came from where.

I have 5 subjective values that have to be entered. This is basically the only place where you can screw up on poor estimating.

If any body makes changes, let's share those also please.

Good Luck.
  2. rats5656

rats5656 LawnSite Member

3. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

Turfman, please send me a copy also.

4. Scraper

Scraper LawnSite Bronze Member

dON'T WANDon't want to miss out on a good thing so Turfman...think I coiuld get one too?

BUSHMASTER LawnSite Senior Member

turfman it clearly looks like you da man thanks
  6. TurfMan

TurfMan LawnSite Member

Hey TurfMan
    I would love to check it out also. Thanks for Sharing.

Ps Kewl Username Eh?
  7. rats5656

rats5656 LawnSite Member

can you send me that program too please have not got it yet
  8. landscaper3

landscaper3 LawnSite Bronze Member

You defently started something, we all would like to see you might want to post it if not could you e-mail me one to the bottom of my page. We tried this and gave up id like to see where you succeded thanx
  9. KirbysLawn

Thanks, cool program. Will take some playing with, thanks.

BTW, say a web site about a year ago that did have on-line estimates. I will see if I can find it.

10. KirbysLawn