1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Online filter source

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by gorrell, Aug 1, 2001.

1. gorrell

gorrell LawnSite Senior Member

I just registered yesterday with www.filter1.com and have found a very reasonable source for quality wix filters. In my situation the Kohler oil filter that fits most 20-25 hp engines is $4.90 with free shipping. Registering is simple and free of course. This same filter cost me over $10 at O'Reilly's. For your information............Lynn

2. gorrell

gorrell LawnSite Senior Member

Tried to edit my original message but didn't make it under the 30 min. deadline, anyway, DC hydro filters are $4.53 from this site. They are $9.27 from J-Thomas..............Lynn

3. WREBELMACHINE

WREBELMACHINE LawnSite Bronze Member

GUYS
    we buy factory kohler part number 52-050-02 filters from our local dealer for $4.00 each.
    You might check out your dealer and see what he has to offer!
    If not I can give you the name of mine!

4. Albemarle Lawn

Albemarle Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Could you please share your dealer info with us? I have to buy a Kohler 26 EFI complete engine. If your dealer charges $4.00 for filters, then maybe he will be a good source for me to buy an engine.

Ken

5. AltaLawnCare

AltaLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

I just switched to wix for my Kawasalis. Both the 15 Air cooled and 18 water cooled take the same one Wix 51394 - i paid 3.96 each for 'em.;)

Many mechanics have told me that wix are good filters also.

6. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Ken,
    Not meaning to be nosey or anything, but how did you get in a predicament of having to buy a new 26 EFI motor? :confused:

7. Albemarle Lawn

Albemarle Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

My '99 Gravely 260Z has a Kohler 25 and it is starting to get tired.

No oil consumption, but after new plugs and checking the carb it still feel nothing like it did just 200 hours ago. I think it is losing altitude, FAST. Total time since new, about 1500 hours.

The 26 EFI is similar to the 25. I'm hoping I can buy one and retain the same starter, electric clutch, etc. and basically do a bolt-in swap (Versus replacing the 25 with another 25).

Ken

8. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

My dealer charges $28.00 each for the hydro filters!

Car Quest is my source for oil filters, they are made by Wix for CQ. I pay 3 summinerother for em..............dealer want's $10.00+ for the oil filters too.

Can't deal with a dealer:cry:

9. weve

weve LawnSite Senior Member

Homer,

Does it cost that much to ship those hydro filters to Alabama? My old Dixie dealer charged about $21 per filter but the new dealer charges only $11.54 per filter and the spring open house discount makes it $10.39.

10. WREBELMACHINE

WREBELMACHINE LawnSite Bronze Member

Guys

I don't know if I am alloud to tell my dealers name in this column but he is easy to find. Go to the D/C website and dial in zip code 65802 in springfield mo.!

By the way you might check on your hydro filters also!
    He is very reasonable!

And as far as engines I could not answer you.