1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Online Marketing Company Reviews

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by PlantscapeSolutions, Aug 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NaturalLandscape

NaturalLandscape LawnSite Member

Oh wow, that template and slideshow are both really nice looking. Can't wait to see how the finished product!

2. PlantscapeSolutions

PlantscapeSolutions LawnSite Silver Member

Paid the first installment to get my new site under construction with Austin Web and Design. Can't wait to get it up and running so I can ax my Web.com site. I hate the fact that web.com doesn't associate any one person with your website upkeep.

3. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Gold Member

Plantscape, does that mean you're not using the Template Monster theme and that accordian banner or are they going to be working with that for you? I would recommend avoiding that accordian banner like the plague, as they should recommend to you as well.
    A.) it's built in Flash.
    B.) it's not remotely mobile-friendly.
    C.) it's built in Flash

Last edited: Sep 13, 2013
  4. tonygreek

I forgot to add that, as an alternative, to accomplish the same thing, you can use CSS and/or JQuery. If you search codecanyon for jAccordian, that's an off-the-shelf option you might look at.

5. PlantscapeSolutions

6. tonygreek

Yep. If you have access to apple and android smart phones, as well as similar tablets, you can test across all to see what works for you, or doesn't.

Interestingly enough, not only have we gone well beyond the "Do i really need a web site for my business?" stage, but now we're firmly in "You want it to look good on mobile, too.". My analytics, across all my sites, have mobile/tablets going up exponentially on a year over year basis.

7. PlantscapeSolutions

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.