online oil/hydro filters

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by captaingreen, Jan 21, 2005.

1. captaingreen

captaingreen LawnSite Senior Member

I was looking at their filters and they seem very reasonable, www.filtermart.com and was wondering if any of you guys have ever used them before. I called and asked what brand they supplied and they actually manufacture alot of their own filters. I could save around $4.00 per filter on one of my machines. I don't know, what do you guys think? Seeing as how this filter is very important to the life of my big bad 24hp Honda I wouldn't want to use an inferior filter if it isn't quality.

2. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

Hard to say, alot of manufactures dont make there own filters, thay just have there name put on them. See if you can get a comparison of the microns and make sure they aRE the same. If they have the same amount of filtering it may be worth looking into.
    On the other side of the coin, how many times do you change that filter in a years time and does it save that much more money? Would what you save on filters justify that much towards a new engine or machine?
    I myself use oil filters from Mow more lawn supply co. They seem to be ok and I have had good luck so far. Keep us posted if you try them, any way to cut the bottom line will help us stay in buissnes. I did stay with a scag hydro filter for the 1st change but I dont know what I will do in the future