1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Online parts dealers?!?!!?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by KTO Enterprises, Jun 1, 2007.

1. KTO Enterprises

KTO Enterprises LawnSite Bronze Member

What is with online parts dealers. I have recently ordered from both Jacks small engine and partstree.com. Both took over a week to process and ship my order. Do they not realize that quick turnaround is vital to pros? This has definately not earned them my business again in the future.
  2. johnnywill08

johnnywill08 LawnSite Senior Member
    from MA z6

i've had great experiences w/ j thomas (rhi they did ship the wrong oil filter last time) but very quick...
  3. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Most dealers will have stuff sent to you next day from their distributor but there is an additional cost -whatever overnite delivery charge. At least that is how Echo and Scag works in our area. I noticed that on my Exmark sulky literature it said they would overnite replacement parts...direct to me I guess.
  4. KTO Enterprises

KTO Enterprises LawnSite Bronze Member

I dont mind waiting the shipping time, but it was a week before it was sent out. Placed the order on a monday and it was the following monday before UPS got the package. A week to put a couple of parts in a box? that sux.
  5. PowerEquipmentWarehouse

PowerEquipmentWarehouse LawnSite Member

That's a tough question.........where to find a good onlines parts warehouse.....
    Let me think about it for a while....

6. hdtvluvr

hdtvluvr LawnSite Senior Member

I feel your frustration. I ordered 2 things from Mowparts about a month ago. While I got the items fairly quickly, one was the wrong one (their mistake - the person who pulled the item read the item # incorrectly). It has taken 3 emails before I got a response which was for me to keep the wrong item and they would send the correct one. That was 10 days ago. I haven't heard anything else and they have not responded to my resent email asking for a status.

I'll give them a few more days before contacting my CC company.
  7. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

It's just the Yin and Yang of it, is all it is. You can have it this way but you will have this set of problems, or you can have it the other way but then you will have the other set of problems. We can only decide which set of problems we tolerate best, but there exists no solution without problems.

What I learned is to stock up and keep a supply of spare parts, it took some doing and I am currently working on a system where I only place 1 order a year, but last year I placed 3 orders, it's just that thing thou, I don't want to have to wait, so I best have the part in stock.

Of course there is no way to predict every little part you will need, no doubt one of my Wb's is down for the count in need of a brake pad, but that's just it, I'll get this fixed when I place my order for the year (and, I'll order TWO of this to make sure I have another).

It's all the same in the end...
    6 of one or a half dozen of the other, frustrating it is.
  8. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

try http://www.texasmowerparts.com/ you wont be dissapointed. great prices and quick service. I buy all of my blades, filters and trimmer line from them.
  9. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

Best to order early or have some parts on hand as topsites recommended. That being said J-Thomas is fast.
  10. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

Power Equipment has always been very responsive to any order. It is shipped out quickly, they are efficient in processing the order. If they don't have the part in stock, it is dropped shipped from the supplier.