Online Parts

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Chris W, Dec 4, 2003.

1. Chris W

Chris W LawnSite Member
    from Ontario

Can I get some input on any Online Parts suppliers.

Thanks in Advance :drinkup:

2. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

j-thomas.com. You know how a car part is like $200 at a dealer, and the auto parts store sells it for $45? Well, mower dealers are just like that. I ordered a spindle shaft and a pulley, and paid for next day air, and it was $7 cheaper than it would have been at the dealer. I have never had an out of stock order, and evan fegular shipping gets it there in about 5 days or so. I dont go to a dealer for anything. I get common things like tires and such from a aftermarket place locally, and the rest from jthamas. Their wedsite has schmatics on most mowers, and they have a pretty good catalogue.

3. Chris W

Chris W LawnSite Member
    from Ontario

Not a fan of dealers either ...Just paid $180 for a muffler and a recoils assy for a Commercial Lawn-Boy, flipped me out.

Thanks for the link ... looks good

4. LAWNS AND MOWER

LAWNS AND MOWER LawnSite Bronze Member

I have nothing but good things to say about www.j-thomas.com I had a clutch burn out on a Friday afternoon. Local dealer didn't have one in stock. Called J-Thomas, paid the extra $60 to have it shipped overnight. Next day at noon I had it, and it was still $25 cheaper than the dealer, even with the extra $60 charge. Two years ago I ordered an engine. Was in no rush for it. Told me it would be about 5 days. I said that was no problem. Ended up getting it in 2 days.

5. Jusmowin

Jusmowin LawnSite Senior Member

I oder blades and filters for Mow more. com and have had really good luck with them.