Online Parts

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by gps_jetskier, Aug 31, 2004.

1. gps_jetskier

gps_jetskier LawnSite Senior Member

I wrote this a while back and was told Hustler web designers are working on it, but I still don't see it.

When is Hustler's site going to have online parts!! Alot of people want to just pick their parts from the screen.

Exmark does it. Let's get on the ball. :blob3:

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

We know this is something that is needed and I am sure it is in the list of several projects our tech department has to work on.

Pj

3. theservicingdealer

theservicingdealer LawnSite Member

Iam not sure if hustler will do this because of there focus on taking care of the dealers. I have talked to a few dealer that may do this. But as per ther forum rules we (Dealers)cant advertise this. Keep checking the web and I bet you may find some one soon.

4. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

Hustler will not sell parts direct to the end user with or without having parts lookup on our site.
    We only sell through authorized dealers (Parts and mowers)

Pj

5. gps_jetskier

gps_jetskier LawnSite Senior Member

That's all understandable. However, for the guy who wants to get his part number, order the part and then pick it up, it's invaluable. My dealer is swamped everytime I go in there. I think he'd like that fact that I don't make him go through the hassle of looking up the parts. Not to mention I can do it on my own time. Dealers are always needed, but parts are parts. I don't need a dealer to look up the numbers for a new spindle bolt. Nor do I need him to install it. Love my dealer, but I got better things to do then wait 20 minutes in line, then take another 20 to look the parts up and do the paper work.

gps_jetskier

6. theservicingdealer

theservicingdealer LawnSite Member

I think you are right that a parts look up system for all would be a great feature for Hustler to look into. Most dealers have email. It would be nice if you could look your parts then automatically send your pick list to the dealer of of your choose. Then you could instruct them to send it or hold it for your pickup. It would save everybody time. Time is money!!!!

7. J.Gordon

J.Gordon LawnSite Senior Member

When I ordered more blades from my dealer they said Hustler had to send them to their shop first, then they would ship them to me at a cost of $12.00 shipping after they have already been shipped once.
    I wouldnÂ’t try to bypass my dealer but it would be nice if I could order the parts from them and have Hustler ship directly to me saving any extra shipping cost and time. I do have dealers that are closer than the one I use, but once I find a great dealer I keep them!
    I think it would be beneficial for everyone involved.
    Jeff

8. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

It is very important to us here at Hustler that you get your parts in a timely manner.
    Our system of parts distribution ensures the best possible delivery method. (regional distribution to dealers)
    Your dealers order there parts from there regional distributor and then your dealer retails them to you.
    There is no way Hustler could possibly ship parts direct to all the customers that have bought our mowers, this is why we use regional warehouses and dealers to support you, the customer.
    Of course we do have shipping policies in place in case your dealer does not have a part, or distributor (in the extreme case) we will ship from the factory in the event of a unit being down for repairs, your dealer can work with you in these cases.

Pj