Online Payments

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by buddhaman, Jun 7, 2006.

1. buddhaman

buddhaman LawnSite Member

Does anyone accept credit card in person or online payments? If so what service do you use? Are you happy with them?

2. buddhaman

Anybody care to chime in?

3. Cheryl

Cheryl LawnSite Member
    from Florida

I use Quikbooks on line, and pay 1.3%

4. buddhaman

Have you had any problems with Quickbooks? Did you ever use a portable unit for payments?

5. Green-Pro

Green-Pro LawnSite Bronze Member

We recieve EFT directly into the business account from nearly all commercial props and a few residential clients. Works out very well, we know approximately what day of the month to expect payment.

6. Cheryl

Cheryl LawnSite Member
    from Florida

No problem with Quickbooks, so far. I do not use a portable unit.

7. hostingdiva

hostingdiva LawnSite Member
    from Florida

I use PayPal and I have my own merchant account.

If you have people that want to pay you online - enough that you can cover your merchant fees, then you may want to consider getting a merchant account. You can check out this lady's site. She has her fees posted and I think she has some sort offer where she's giving a way a wireless terminal - I suppose you could use that to bill people on location? Her site is http://bestlinkslive.com

If you don't have a lot of people paying online, then you may want to go with PayPal because you do not have to pay any fees until someone pays you. This would be cheaper than getting a merchant account. The person does not have to have a PayPal account to pay you but you do have to have a PayPal account to be able to collect money.

8. hostingdiva

hostingdiva LawnSite Member
    from Florida

Oh if you use Quickbooks I'm pretty sure you still have to get your own merchant account.

9. golden child

golden child LawnSite Member

i have a pocket pc w/ phone build in and i use it with paypals virtual terminal. i also the paypal vt for my webstore.

10. ENDURO

ENDURO LawnSite Member

I've been using charge.com and love it. It was very easy to setup and easy to use. I am using the online terminal only. I get the credit card info from all new customers up front and inform them I will charge their card on the day of service. I can even run a pre-authorization if I have any doubts about the card. I just logon at the end of the day, charge the cards, and wait for the money to pile into my checking account. Once you charge a credit card, the money shows up in your checking account in a few days. No more waiting 30 days for payment, and no more mailing bills for me. Margaret at 1-800-932-5708 ext 316 was very helpful and got me setup quick. Tell her I referred you if you think of it and I get a small bonus.
    Thanks,
    Christopher Galusha