Online QBKS opinions wanted

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by FIMCO-MEISTER, Dec 23, 2007.

1. FIMCO-MEISTER

FIMCO-MEISTER Banned

After QBKS ate my Mac desktop you'd think I'd be angry but I'm taking it as a message. The fact is that QBCKS is the industry standard. I got my desktop issue behind me. Henry gave me Leopard for Christmas. The company bought itself 500GB Western Digital back up and a new 20" IMac is arriving Monday. I've researched the online edition of QBKS and it seems pretty good to me. Any other opinions?
    http://oe.quickbooks.com/product_info.cfm

I like that I can do on the spot invoicing. We will use their merchant services. Plus it is all integrated and I don't have to coordinate third part software. Plus I can add users and grow with little additional cost. No huge software outlaw and I'm using a program I have a good grasp of which means no training costs. Way below my 500/mo budget on this matter. I believe security can be arranged to limit others access beyond invoicing. Also I can go PC or Mac depending on the Techs knowledge.

2. FIMCO-MEISTER

FIMCO-MEISTER Banned

OOOPS gotta back up. Not Mac compatible.
    * Microsoft Windows compatible computer
    * An Internet connection (a high-speed connection is recommended)
    * Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 or higher

Still I may go this route. I'm hearing that a lot of Mac based companies keep one PC for QBKS only.
    QBKS discourages PC emulators on the Mac. Says it runs slow.

3. FIMCO-MEISTER

FIMCO-MEISTER Banned

OOOPS gotta back up. Not Mac compatible.
    Still I may go this route. I'm hearing that a lot of Mac based companies keep one PC for QBKS only.
    QBKS discourages PC emulators on the Mac. Says it runs slow.

4. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

I dunno, I hear it can cause schizophrenia :p

5. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

I dunno, I hear it can cause schizophrenia :p

6. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

I am going to look into it. That way myself, technicians, and office person can all enter invoices or statements all from different locations. Only problem I have, can QB be customized so employees can't get to all aspects such as P&L, gross sales and such? I might do the same with QXpress. Just things for me to consider this winter.

7. Desertdweller

Desertdweller LawnSite Member

We used it for a while. Like you said easy and not a big expense. It can't give you some of the reports the full version can and a few other differences.

8. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

9. FIMCO-MEISTER

FIMCO-MEISTER Banned

I'm certain they would have levels of access. Service guys would be limited to the invoicing part/merchant service part. A nice bonus is your accountant or bookkeeper can get access from anywhere anytime.

10. FIMCO-MEISTER

FIMCO-MEISTER Banned

Not only did QBCKS eat my desktop LawnSite ended my brothers existence so I have to be one with two minds.