Online QBKS opinions wanted

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by FIMCO-MEISTER, Dec 23, 2007.

1. After QBKS ate my Mac desktop you'd think I'd be angry but I'm taking it as a message. The fact is that QBCKS is the industry standard. I got my desktop issue behind me. Henry gave me Leopard for Christmas. The company bought itself 500GB Western Digital back up and a new 20" IMac is arriving Monday. I've researched the online edition of QBKS and it seems pretty good to me. Any other opinions?
    http://oe.quickbooks.com/product_info.cfm

I like that I can do on the spot invoicing. We will use their merchant services. Plus it is all integrated and I don't have to coordinate third part software. Plus I can add users and grow with little additional cost. No huge software outlaw and I'm using a program I have a good grasp of which means no training costs. Way below my 500/mo budget on this matter. I believe security can be arranged to limit others access beyond invoicing. Also I can go PC or Mac depending on the Techs knowledge.

2. OOOPS gotta back up. Not Mac compatible.
    * Microsoft Windows compatible computer
    * An Internet connection (a high-speed connection is recommended)
    * Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 or higher

Still I may go this route. I'm hearing that a lot of Mac based companies keep one PC for QBKS only.
    QBKS discourages PC emulators on the Mac. Says it runs slow.

3. OOOPS gotta back up. Not Mac compatible.
    Still I may go this route. I'm hearing that a lot of Mac based companies keep one PC for QBKS only.
    QBKS discourages PC emulators on the Mac. Says it runs slow.

4. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

I dunno, I hear it can cause schizophrenia :p

5. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

I dunno, I hear it can cause schizophrenia :p

6. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

I am going to look into it. That way myself, technicians, and office person can all enter invoices or statements all from different locations. Only problem I have, can QB be customized so employees can't get to all aspects such as P&L, gross sales and such? I might do the same with QXpress. Just things for me to consider this winter.

7. Desertdweller

Desertdweller LawnSite Member

We used it for a while. Like you said easy and not a big expense. It can't give you some of the reports the full version can and a few other differences.

8. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

9. I'm certain they would have levels of access. Service guys would be limited to the invoicing part/merchant service part. A nice bonus is your accountant or bookkeeper can get access from anywhere anytime.

10. Not only did QBCKS eat my desktop LawnSite ended my brothers existence so I have to be one with two minds.