1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Online Scheduling Services

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by zimmatic, Sep 5, 2012.

1. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Not my info to post up on the internet, dad. :rolleyes:

2. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Sorry for prying, was just curious. :waving::drinkup:

3. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

Who's this f'n courteous impostor posing as my dad?

4. Mike Leary

Some slimeball nice guy must have hacked into my site. :hammerhead:

5. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

it was that shipment of Arizona merlot

6. Mike Leary

The Papago tribe (now called "Tohono O' odham") of the deep desert make a wine of fermented Saguaro cactus for a ceremony to ask for rain. I've not sampled it, as white folks are not usually invited.. A friend in Cactus Hug has had it, and says it's as strong as he's ever had. :drinkup:

7. irritation

irritation LawnSite Gold Member

I guess he's never had kentuk or tencee corn squeezins (White Lightning) :dizzy:

8. Mike Leary

I once lived in an area in Northwest WA that had a settlement of "hill people" from the Appalachians who turned me on to "squeeze". Other than Everclear, that's as strong as I've had it; like liquid LSD. :dizzy:

9. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

So I made the purchase of Hindsite, and am going through training. Another LS member is as well, but I'll let him reply if he chooses to. We discussed it for a while on the phone, and he let me know of a great special they had going on. So thanks!!

Training is going ok. Some of it is over my head, as I am not a serious tech guru. They might want to "dumb down" some of the training. But overall, I'm liking it so far. Looks fairly easy on the technicians end while in the field. Just a lot of set up work for me to do and get used to.

I still haven't gotten field devices for us yet. I personally also need a new laptop. So I am looking at a tablet/laptop hybrid, the Samsung ATIV Smart PC I could use the app service on my phone, but I would like a bigger screen to work with, especially with wet or dirty hands. This is much like the Microsoft Surface, but not the limited RT version. The Ativ has a full OS where I can still install software like Quickbooks or Office or Photoshop. This would then dock with the keyboard (sold separately) so I can use it as a full laptop, and do my scheduling on this, logging in remotely as I have two locations that I do office work from.

So overall I'm excited for HS, but still have a lot to learn.

10. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

Keep us updates.

I am buying a new PC and then move files... Then I am considering Clip