online sources sought

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by rbig, Apr 9, 2006.

1. rbig

rbig LawnSite Member

Anyone know of any places with broad selection and discounted prices for new ztr mowers of various brands?

2. Dweezil

Dweezil LawnSite Member

If your lucky you might find companies online selling them used, but most manufactures limit or don't allow national shipping under contract. That and the size of the equipment really dosen't lend itself to being shipped easily.

3. fishinpa

fishinpa LawnSite Senior Member
    from SE PA

I smell something wrong with this post???? (You smell that??)

If you want on-line purchases of BIG equipment... go to EBay.

If you expect service and a warranty, you have to buy local.

If you want the best deal: Call every dealer withing 50 miles and tell them you'll bring cash! When you find one that's willing to deal, he'll quote WELL under what everyone else has, and will do the warranty work. (hopefully... make sure they are 'authorized')

I save almost a grand on my Hustler MFT this way. I placed a call, that I thought would not fly... specifying cash, and he sold it to me for about a grand less than anyone else quoted me. He's not that far from me and turned out to be a really nice guy and a respected dealer! Just play the game and eventually you'll find someone willing to "deal".

Your not going to find it on-line, and I would not recommend it if you did.

4. rbig

rbig LawnSite Member

Thanks. That's the kind of stuff I needed to hear. I had no idea there aren't some big dealers online who sell at discounted prices. Hadn't thought of going to local dealers and making low ball offers. Guess I'll have to know what makes and models I want before doing that, though. I'll have to shop around the locals first and find what I want, then make an offer.