Online weed control

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by gqnine44, Jul 22, 2006.

1. gqnine44

gqnine44 LawnSite Senior Member

I was wondering if there are any online stores that sell commercial weedkillers, etc. at decent prices and commercial sizes? I would love to try speedzone and some other products but dont have time to drive all the way across town to get it.

2. hmartin

hmartin LawnSite Senior Member

You can buy a few products off Ebay like glyphosate and sledgehammer. It sounds like a good idea for a business if there isn't some type of law prohibiting it. There are lots of products that I would like to try, but I live over an hour away from a dealer that has a real good inventory. The BWI dealer in Memphis will deliver anything I want to me as long as I buy $300 worth. That saves me a lot of time and money.

3. Mscotrid

Mscotrid LawnSite Bronze Member
    from USA

According to the website Lesco has 2 locations in Cincy

4. gqnine44

gqnine44 LawnSite Senior Member

There is a Lesco less than a mile from our shop but they drive me nuts with there pricing. Some days fert is $12 a bag and they next it is $17. There philosophy has to be to charge the customer however much you think they will pay. If you haggle on price it will always go down. I just wish they would pick a price and stick with it.

I checked Lesco's website and they do sell Speedzone. I didnt even know this. They always push their products and I'll bet they'll act like its a big hassle to get me Speedzone.

5. teeca

teeca LawnSite Bronze Member

i've delt with advanced turf sulutions, they have an office in hilliard, oh their number 866-998-8873, they deal with shaw, anderson, and scott fert, and have a ton of other t/o products. i also deal with cisco, their out of indianapolis, but show cincinnati, oh on their thursday delivery w/ $400 purchase, their number is 800-888-2986. they have pretty good prices also. forestry suppliers is another, their mail order. you need check prices Vs what you can localy, sometimes you can get good deals. they have razor pro (round up) for $56.50 2.5gal, not to bad and shipping is about $8-$9. 800-647-5368 or www.forestry-suppliers.com they ship fast! i use reg UPS and get the order in 2 days.