Only because I trust you I ask a loaded question...

Discussion in 'Organic Lawn Care' started by DeepGreenLawn, May 27, 2008.

1. DeepGreenLawn

DeepGreenLawn LawnSite Silver Member

OK, I know I know, this is organics yada yada yada.

I ask you and not the traditional guys because I know I can trust you. I have about 13 traditional customers that need to be treated and I was wanting to know what you might suggest the fert I use. I know everyone has their opinion, other than no traditional fert, but I need to know. I have been so focused on organics and learning and implementing those practices that the traditional people have taken a back seat to everything else. So, I do have traditional customers and even though they are traditional, they are still customers and still deserve the attention and dedication I give everyone else. I like the idea of iron being in the formulation for a deep green without the over use of N. I am looking at these traditional customers with a minimalist mindset as far as what and amount of chems I am putting in the soil. I'm not cutting corners, just don't want to put down more than I have to, for the lawns sake.

Hopefully one day I can convert or drop all my traditional customers and go straight organic but right now my customer base is to small that I need everything I can get.

Thanks for your patience and looking the other way with your advice,

2. treegal1

treegal1 LawnSite Gold Member

is the synth fert still cheaper??? what about some scotts( i just said a bad word) natural base, its cheap and a hybrids best friend?? after that try for a less toxic N more urea and less poly or ammonia??? and tea will help any lawn use less, try subbing out some tea and see what happens. on some of the start up yards we get the soil is so saturated that we just tea for the first 4 months, you should see what happens when you make all that chem bio available to plants, stand back or the shoots will get you in the eye!!

3. DeepGreenLawn

OK, I got the ICT in my refrigerator so I guess I can give it a shot. I don't want to put down organics and the customer expect traditional, and then not have the quick effect that they are expecting. This is my first year with organics so I probably need to see how they work in the field first.

Thanks,
    Adam

4. treegal1

treegal1 LawnSite Gold Member

DGL look at golf courses, they use everything they got, organics,traditional, experimental, voodoo, rain dance.

5. Smallaxe

Smallaxe LawnSite Fanatic

This might be a good time to ask yourself. 'How do those granules of NPK become bioavailable? One molecule at a time? Compare that as to how organic materials become bioavailable to the turf. One molecule at a time.'

Which is quicker and truer? I think it is 'ALL' bacteria but I could be wrong. Let us know how things turn out with the quick greenup and how long it lasts. That would be useful information.

6. DeepGreenLawn

A little off subject, is Fe considered organic or synthetic?

7. Smallaxe

Iron is an element called fe. *A molecule.*

When u put a whole bunch of the molecules together u have something that resembles the content of my skull.

8. DeepGreenLawn

LOL, do WHAT!? your getting some interesting posts going that is taking me some time to digest. SO, either I am too tired and need to go to bed, which is highly plausible, orrrr you need to pass me that little something something your smoking on.

9. Smallaxe

Plants have to be able to use the magic in NPK granules and it ain't gonna happen by spreading it around on the turf.

No matter what you're smoking it has to become bio-available. I have a general idea how that takes place, but wait...

When I fire up the next one, I can see clearly what is happening. Oh no :( I must be out of de-chlorinated water. Who drank that???