1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Only click here if you are South of the MasonDixon line

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Barkleymut, Aug 4, 2000.

1. Barkleymut

Barkleymut LawnSite Bronze Member

12 Warnings issued by the Southern Tourism Bureau to all visiting Yankees:

1) Don't order steak at a Waffle House. They serve breakfast 24 hours a day, so let them cook something they know.

2) Don't laugh at southern people's names. (Merleen, Bodie, Luther Ray, Tammy Ann, Darla Beth, Inez, Bubba, Billy Joe Bob, Sissy, etc.) These people have been known to kick a man's ass for less.

3) Don't order a bottle of pop or a can of soda. This can lead to an ass kicking. Down south it's called Coke. It don't make a damn whether it's Pepsi, RC, Dr.Pepper, 7-Up or whatever else, it's a Coke.

4) Don't show allegiance to any college football team that isn't in the Big 12, SEC or ACC or we'll kick your ass (Texas, Oklahoma, Carolina, Tennessee, Alabama, Mississippi, Georgia, etc.). All the others are just a bunch of pansies that play teams like Wyoming. We'll kick their ass, too.

5) Don't refer to Southerners as a bunch of hillbillies. We know our heritage. Most of us are more literate than you (e.g., Welty, Williams, Faulkner). We are also better educated and generally lots nicer. We have plenty of business sense (e.g., Fred Smith of Fed Ex, Turner Broadcasting, MCI WorldCom, MTV, Netscape). Naturally, we do sometimes have a small lapse in judgment (e.g., Clinton, Fordice, Gore, Duke). We don't care if you think we are
    dumb because we will kick your ass.

6) We are fully aware of how high the humidity is, so shut the hell up, spend your money, and get the hell out of here or we'll kick your ass.

7) Don't order wheat toast at Cracker Barrel. Everyone will instantly know that you're from Ohio. Eat your biscuits like God intended, and don't put sugar on your grits or we'll kick your ass.

8) Don't fake a southern accent. This will incite a riot and you will get your ass kicked.

9) Don't talk about how much better things are at home because we don't give a damn. If you don't like it here, take your ass home before we kick it.

10) We don't play lacrosse, hockey, or any of those other sissy northern games, so don't come down here asking the score because we don't give a damn and we'll kick your ass.

11) We know how to speak proper English. We talk this way because we want to and because we can. We don't care if you don't understand what we are saying. All other southerners understand what we are saying, and that's all that matters. Now, go home or we'll kick your ass.

12) Last, but not least, DO NOT come down here trying to tell us how to BBQ. This will get your ass shot off (after it is kicked). You're lucky we let you come down here at all. Question our BBQ, and go home in a pine box minus your ass. 'Nuff said.
  2. Stinger

Stinger LawnSite Senior Member

In the immortal words of Jeff Foxworthy, you might be a redneck if!
  3. Guido

Guido LawnSite Silver Member

As you can see, us Yanks don't follow directions too good or I wouldn't be here!! Its all in fun though!! I agree with a lot of the "Southern Values" and have meet some great people from there so I can't talk to bad about them. I have meet a few Forest Gump's and Gomer Pyle's too though.....LOL. But they are everywhere, the only difference is the ones from down south got that stupid accent!!! LOL :)

We'll Ya'll I'm fixing to go ahead and close this here post on up. Ya'll have a good day now, ya hear??

4. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

That's the way it is! Here in Mayland, although we are south of the Mason-Dixon line, we are constantly mixing southern and northern speach techniques. It's pretty cool actually expecially after you've had a few beers. Just for fun sometimes we throw in some mid-west speak. "Hey, throw that soda pop in a sack please.
  5. Bobby

Bobby LawnSite Senior Member

Hey Guido,you said close this here post on up.You meant to say thi-chere post on up.
  6. southside

southside LawnSite Senior Member

Well I must the furthest south of the Mason Dixon line.
    Don't tell us how to bbq or we'll deport you to New Zealand.
    :) (A fate worse than death)