1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Only dumb question today

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by rixtag, Jan 15, 2002.

1. rixtag

rixtag LawnSite Senior Member
    from Lehi Ut

I have a metro 36 and I have a question.

I understand the way that the front and rear deck height adjustments are made and I understand the way that I can adjust the height of the blades.

My question is what purpose does it serve for the blade height to be adjsutable if you set your deck height at the wheels? Why would I want to have the blades all the way up to the spindle and the bolt head sticking down with 4 washers on it?

I have some free time( at least until April ) and it got me thinkin' :D

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

A common question and a simple answer. Never place any spacers below the blade. If you want to raise the blades in the deck remove the spacers between the blade and the spindle and move them to the topside of the mower deck. I like to adjust my wheel heights to allow me to run 2 spacers below the spindle and the rest on the topside of the deck.

Another little tip: if you torque the blade bolt to 75-80 ft. lbs., you can increase the life of your spindle bearings.