only the bad ones stick out

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by JLong, Jul 21, 2008.

1. JLong

JLong LawnSite Member

I've been doing some thinking lately since I have had some issues with P.I.T.A. customers. It must be that the bad ones are the only ones that are really memorable, cause headaches, and make me wonder if I want to honestly be in this business. However upon thinking about it I realized that out of all of the people I do work for in a year. Only two or three really cause me problems the other ones are actually quite pleasant and understanding. I was just thinking about this today I know I vent on here about problem customers as do others, and it is nessisary to bounce stuff off others in the industry, however in the big picture the vast majority of customers are actually quite nice.

Jeremy.

2. shovelracer

shovelracer LawnSite Silver Member

I agree, 99% of customers are great and appreciative. The 1% however take up 99% of your free time with BS about price, practices, etc. I started charging the PITAs a rate that went along with the time they sucked out of me. They almost all disappeared. Funny thing is that customers that seemed to be pleasant in the past have now taken over the PITA role. In the end Im much happier not getting 3 calls a weeks about the lawn care practices, giving estimates for work that will never happen, and receiving passive aggressive notes with each and every check.