only time the kid will mow!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by burnandreturn, Feb 14, 2004.

1. burnandreturn

burnandreturn LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Germany

It snowed last night!

dixiesnow1.jpg

2. TRex

TRex LawnSite Senior Member
    from DFW ,TX

I would like to thank the guys up north for the great wheather. I am from Ohio and miss the snow a lot. I went out pretending to plow and snapped some shots off.

100_0246.jpg

3. TRex

from DFW ,TX

Here is another one.

100_0243.jpg

4. TRex

from DFW ,TX

And just to make this thread worthy, my grass was starting to turn green after having a couple of good rains over the last few weeks and I was getting all the equipment prepared.

5. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

We defiantly had our share of snow this year and I am so tired of it.

6. pcnservices

pcnservices LawnSite Senior Member

I was thinking of you Texans down south when you got snow. Beautifull pictures posted here.

Like Lux lawn said I am tired of it too. Had enough of scooping d/ways, w/ways and side walks and lately cleaning off the roofs. We still have about 12" of snow in some places. Just not getting warm enough for the snow to melt.

Have fun
    PC

7. TRex

from DFW ,TX

I felt like a real photographer taking those and many other pics. When I showed them to my wife she thought I was playing a joke with her.

Its starting to melt as fast as it came but, thats not good since its supposed to freeze again late afternoon and overnight. Last year about this same time we had about 2" of ice cover everywhere and about 50 miles of every major interstate came to a hault because we do not have the resources to clear roads like you guys up there. I had a ton of fun pulling people out of ditches and up hills that even other 4-wheel drives could not make it up.

8. BrianK10

BrianK10 LawnSite Senior Member
    from usa

I'm tired of the snow....get the grass growin!:mad:

Brian

9. tx_angler

tx_angler LawnSite Senior Member

Yup snowed here this morning too and we're not used to seeing it. Years ago I decided to move away from anyplace where the local hardware store had a Labor Day snow shovel sale. Never regretted it but I occasionally do miss having four distinct seasons.

Just like TRex said my grass was starting to green up last week but this is Texas so today we have snow and it'll probably be in the mid to upper 70s by next weekend!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    No bass fishing today!

10. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

Txangler
    Nice trailer and boat but it sure looks cold