only wants lawn cut 2/month

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Jaysondavislawnservice, Jul 7, 2008.

1. Jaysondavislawnservice

Jaysondavislawnservice LawnSite Member

this new client I just got a month ago is right across the street from one I do right now weekly. the guy wants me to cut it twice a month the only thing is it needs to be cut weekly do to the raining. It grows just as much as the one across the street that I take care of. If I let it go two weeks it is two long and clumps under the mower and i have to rake it all up. Should I tell him I'm going to mow weekly during season or tell him I no longer want to do it for what he is paying and tell him I will still do it biweekly for double the money.
    thanks

2. lawn crafters

lawn crafters LawnSite Senior Member
    from RI

if you charge normally say 35$ weekly then charge 65$ bi weekly and explain to him why the prices are different and tell him he is better off with weekly cutting. you should try to get him into a weekly cut

3. ffemtmcd

ffemtmcd LawnSite Senior Member

Exactly - Charge higher (especailly if your cleaning up clippings),

4. Jaysondavislawnservice

he is the type that wants everything for free including lawn care and I'm not sure what he will say but if it dosn't work out I will drop him and see if someone on here will take his lawn over.

5. dougmartin2003

dougmartin2003 LawnSite Senior Member

i tell all of my clients that i put them on a weekly schedule, if it needs cut that week, i cut it. if it doesnt need it, i WILL get cut the next week. if they dont like it then i walk. if it was up to some of the clients they would only have the yard cut whenever the city had to get on to them

6. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

Don't let him run YOUR business, let HIM know what needs to be done. If he doesn't agree, politely tell him you can no longer maintain his lawn.

7. dougmartin2003

dougmartin2003 LawnSite Senior Member

i agree 100 percent

8. Jaysondavislawnservice

i am going to see what he say on weds. and i will go from there

9. billslawn89

billslawn89 LawnSite Bronze Member

get rid of him, i tell all my clients, june thru november is weekly with the growth rate due to rain fall.

10. Dunlaps LawnCare

Dunlaps LawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

by weekly double the money