Ontario, Canada...any calls

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by PRO PROPERTY CARE, Mar 10, 2003.

1. PRO PROPERTY CARE

PRO PROPERTY CARE LawnSite Member

I have made phone calls,put out flyers,sent letters ,baought advertiseing in papers.
    I have one phone call, is it still to early for southern ontatrio,or am I not approaching this correctly.
    thanks
    mike
    new business
    :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy:

2. I`d say its plenty early to do that around here people arn`t thinking about grass when there is still 2 feet of snow on the ground. how much snow do u have down there? i`m in Clinton just east of goderich we`ve got about 2 feet , i was down to grand bend on my sled with abunch of friends and they don`t have as much as us .

3. Heavenly Green

Heavenly Green LawnSite Member

It must be to early. We put out 1000 fliers and I sent 50 letters of introduction out the last week of feb. And still not a call. I hope that the people who are interested are just saving them till we get closer to the start of our season.:confused:

4. PRO PROPERTY CARE

Hey, livonia michigan. Your not too far away. My dad lives in marine city michigan. I am just across the river.

I got frustrated and made some follow up calls.
    I have two qutes for tomorrow so far. Some said they havent decided what there doing yet, and arent meeting for a couple more weeks.
    I think the weather is kinda messing with peoples heads. No one is thinking of lawns yet... cant see them for the snow.
    :)

5. Heavenly Green

Ya the weather sure is messing with my head it"ll be 40 for a couple of days and Ill start getting geared up to market my service and then we get 6" of snow. Ive only been in MI for 6yrs now and this is by far the coldest winter Ive ever experienced. Its so cold I don't even leave the house unless its absolutely necessary. This winter has me seriously thinking about moving my operations back home to Houston. Ill take the heat any day over the cold.:cry:

6. PRO PROPERTY CARE

houston,, nice place.
    I have a trialer in a park 1hour from here.
    We spend our weekends there in the summer. There is a fellow there from texas, they drive all the way here for vacation.
    very nice people.

The weather is definatley screwing things up.

I hate phoneing people (telemarketing) but I just spent the day
    doing just that.
    Some of them I had already contacted with flyers and a business card.
    I have 3 qutes for tomorrow now and one that wants a price on snow plowing later in the year, and one for parking lot markings...
    Yes I do parking lot markings and snow plowing also. This is my first year.
    Hopefully this snow wont last much longer.....I hope i can see where the grass is tomorow...lol...
    If your ever in sarnia area give me a shout.....would like too site down over a coffee and chat about lawn care... we wouldnt be
    competition to each other.
    chow :)

7. Heavenly Green

Good luck in your first yr of mowing Im going into my 3rd yr full time and its still a struggle. Im finding more and more in this biz its not what you know but who you know and since I didnt grow up here or go to school here I dont have any connections and it makes for slow growth.
    Good luck!