ontario,canada, do i need a lic....

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by PRO PROPERTY CARE, Mar 25, 2003.

1. PRO PROPERTY CARE

PRO PROPERTY CARE LawnSite Member

I am puting together a price for a comercial account...
    they also require spaying 2x a year with round up....
    about 60 by 80 foot gravel area.....
    Any one in ontario,, do i need a licence to spray round up.
    This is the same stuff I use at home.....
    thanks
    mike:dizzy:

2. Nova

Nova LawnSite Member

Yes, you need a licence.

However, I recall reading something on this site a while ago about using some concentrated vinegar to kill weeds, you wouldn't need a licence for that, do a search.

3. it dosen`t work, tryed it on the warning strips at my balldiamonds i got my dad to put round up on ( he has his agricultural license) this year i`m gonna get my commercail license, only 2 schools do the exams in ontario maybe i`ll see you there this spring

4. Nova

Nova LawnSite Member

5. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

CMLLawn, Calle Fred Lobb at Woodwinds golf course he used to teach a 2 day course on the exam in Seaforth. You can write the exam in Walkerton as far as I know. I took the course a few years ago and was glad I did.

6. PRO PROPERTY CARE

thanks guys
    Ill probably sub the spray job out for now.

cmllawn service, where are you takeing the course and test.
    I see cantoo gave a name of a guy, I think Ill call him.
    I just want to spray some round up. I was hopeing it would be
    easier than this.

7. Its gord lobb at woodlands golf course, not fred if you call fred you`ll get his real estate business. thanks for the info cantoo.

8. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

Thanks CML, there are too many Lobbs to keep straight. I keep thinking Gord isn't right either, it's the brother of the one that owns the course.

Pro, if you call any of the local farm fertilizer and spray companies they can give you locations for the tests or maybe instructors, their guys have to take the same exam. Try Forrest Co op it's not far away. Sometimes they have the instructor come to their site to teach.

9. PRO PROPERTY CARE

thanks
    I have a trailer just outside of forest, we spend every weekend there dureing the summer. place called paradise valley.
    Ill give that co op a call...
    i appreciate the help