Ontario Customer Renewal Letters Yet

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by DanTheGrassman, Mar 1, 2004.

1. DanTheGrassman

DanTheGrassman LawnSite Member
    from Canada

Hey guys anyone in Ontario care to share when you guys send out your re-newal letters or re-newal phone calls. I am kind of leaving it up to the weather and waiting for the perfect period to send it out when people are actually feeling spring fever. I think we are close to having almost all the snow melt, a good 4 more warm days and the most of it should be gone. However it is anticipated to get colder and snowy for the upcoming weekend. I will mail out my renewals this Friday the latest in anticipation for Monday morning's delivery on Mar 8. My re-newals are basically a letter stating we will begin with the cleanup in April (an automatic renewal type letter), also I am sending out a good lot of addressed advertisements to past customers of various services in the past. I will follow-up with another letter the last week of March prior to the start of the cleanups if I receive no response from the initial letter.

2. Nova

Nova LawnSite Member

Same here, I'm going to try and have them all done and mailed out by Friday the 5th.

Snow or no snow, they still need to get back ASAP so I know what I'm looking at for the spring.

3. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

For renewals, I don't think the weather matters. As long as you get the point across that there is a deadline for signing up. I keep sending my renewal letters out earlier and earlier every year. If the customer wants you back, they'll reply no matter the weather.

New customers are a bit different. Timing advertising to coincide with nice weather is key.

:D

4. Dragonscapes

Dragonscapes LawnSite Member
    from Ontario

I've already sent out my renewals and half of them have already responded. I got a late start this year didn't send em out till last week

5. DanTheGrassman

DanTheGrassman LawnSite Member
    from Canada

I just took a chance and sent them out today so hopefully I'll see what happens. The customers should start receiving the mail within 1-3 days we'll see how it goes. It looks like another promising year people are going to spend money by the looks of it which is always good news.

Dan.

6. dan check your pm's

7. Sliim1115

Sliim1115 LawnSite Member

Does anyone have a sample Lawn Service Renewal Letter they can share?