1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Ontario Landscapers!!!!

Discussion in 'Network: International' started by Lynden-Jeff, Mar 23, 2008.

1. Triple L

Triple L LawnSite Senior Member

Looks like it... Man, this time of year is busy busy busy! Got a whopping 9 hours on my new walker now... hahaha. And that was just 2 days of use... This ones gonna have some mega hours on er real quick
  2. DeVries

DeVries LawnSite Member

It's good to see this thread is slow. I guess you guy's are all busy. Thats good means the economy is still rolling along.

Has anyone heard a weather prediction for this season?. Was starting to wonder because it's been a week now with no rain and it's starting to dry up quick. Also with temps as warm as they are the grass will need to be cut sooner than normal.
  3. martyman

martyman LawnSite Member

I'm in Markham Ontario...use the local paper and flyers...so far this year its very slow for new customers. I've been an one man operation for 10 years :canadaflag:
  4. Amy

Amy LawnSite Member

Hello everyone, Just wanted to say hi.. I'm new to this forum so I hope to have lots of chats... We still have a lil snow left here. just getting the equipment out and ready to go..:p I haven't gotten any seriouse calls yet for lawn care but lots for garbage removal. Put the plows away a couple weeks ago now, never thought we would see more snow.. Well i'll update my info later but it's actually nice out so i'll go do my own yard work for now.. lata
  5. Amy

Amy LawnSite Member

WOW!!! I just noticed prices of diesel is redddicuuulouse... nuts it's now
    $1.29/L.. and gas is at $1.15/L.. Maybe someone can confirme some info for me. I heard that u can use stove oil or furnace oil in diesel trucks????? true?? will it harm the truck in any way.. any info would be sweet!! Thanks... lata
  6. Triple L

Triple L LawnSite Senior Member

ya my buddy runs furnace oil in his trucks all the time, even still, that is probally just as much as diesel :cry:
  7. Amy

Amy LawnSite Member

Thanks, I have an oil furnace and i'm locked in at a set *cheap* rate. so i'll just get it from my tank. It's way better then paying what the gas stations want.. lata
  8. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

We're busy as heck. Lots of rolling, gravel sweeping, fertilizing and cleanups. We use the Walker and tine dethatcher for packed lawns. The Steiners get used for fertilizing, lawn rolling, driveway leveling and the straight broom for parking lots. The JD has the rotary sweeper on the front for gravel on lawns and parking lots. Also cut some trees down in our spare time.
    The phone is ringing pretty steady, mostly our regular customers but a few more new ones for sweeping. Had a couple calls for pricing on grass cutting. We don't do any active advertising though so these are all referrals or people who see us working and come over for pricing.
    Amy, we have gas and diesel trucks so we use whatever we want. My wife filled the gas pickup today $100 on the nose and it wasn't empty. Makes you watch where and when you drive. We sure don't jump to go do an estimate, we tell them we will take a look and call them in a few days. We try to haul everything we can so we can do the complete job when we stop.
  9. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff LawnSite Bronze Member

Dont remind me, my trucks a beast with the enclosed!!!!!!!!

I agree, its been slow on the calls, I dont think people have woken up from winter. Hopefully it will start to pour in!!!!!!
  10. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff LawnSite Bronze Member

9:30 and some widget is calling me. Maybe their grass needs an emergency cutting!!!!