Ontario Landscapers!!!!

Discussion in 'Network: International' started by Lynden-Jeff, Mar 23, 2008.

1. Triple L

Triple L LawnSite Senior Member

hahahahaha, now theres a customer you dont need.... calling at that time, can you imagine what there gonna be doing once they've known you for a year or two...forget about them
  2. ff1221

ff1221 LawnSite Member

Things seem to be chugging along here alright, hoping to finish up our first construction job today, just a small deck and walkway, but we are booking into August, just hope it keeps rolling.
  3. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff LawnSite Bronze Member

Yep we are going good too, about 5 calls for lawncare, a walk up thatch job and lots on the docket. Had the first run in with a lowballer too. My price was 2X what his was, and it was still a deal on the guys yard, beds everywhere and tons of edging/upsidedown trimming. No way I could do that for that this guy wanted, atleast not to leave it the way it should be.

4. ff1221

ff1221 LawnSite Member

No worries Jeff, that guy will be phoning you about mid june wondering if you can take over cause the other guy does a poor job or quit showing up, to bad the prices jump 50% after June 1st.
  5. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

Lots of new ads in our local papers from new guys. I can't believe the number of trailers and equipment I have been meeting on the roads and working in yards this year. Wonder how many are insured? I did see a guy pulled over by the MTO on Tuesday, old truck, old trailer with rider, push mower and hand held stuff on it. Guy didn't look too happy and the officer was writing out a ticket. Not sure what he was doing with the push mower on the trailer though. The lawns are drying quick and some are greening up already. My wife cut one today, south facing hillside property always the first cut of the year.
  6. Triple L

yupper, we did our first cut today also... Hope she settles down a bit, I wasnt to excited to be mowing already, havent even started clean-ups on the resis yet... Got the commercials done tho, thats all that matters (to me)... Newspapers seem to be workin real good for my buddy Ground Works up in brantford, some of you guys probally have seen his ad... He Got 6 calls in just 6 hours thursday alone (dont know how many he got after 3 p.m.)... Not to bad... Probally gonna be rockin calls allday tomarrow to
  7. bgjj

bgjj LawnSite Member
    from Ontario

Be careful you do not want to get caught with it in your tank, major fines, can't recall how much but remember from a guy that got nab, huge dollars thousands if I recall, fine is base on odometer in vehicle as if you used furnace oil for the life of vehicle not just that tank
  8. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff LawnSite Bronze Member

Yep phone was rockin this morning. I think next week will be nuts, will be finished cleanups by the end of next weeek. Woot. Things are goin good!
  9. PlatinumLandCon

PlatinumLandCon LawnSite Bronze Member

I've got a customer that started out as just regular lawn care at his house but now I'm doing a full walkway+driveway for him and the neighbour, then driveway+walkway+patio+retaining wall+deck for the guy across the street. WOW! lol
  10. Triple L

nice nice... Almost the same deal with me, gotta go quote out 2 landscape jobs and 2 maintenance jobs today.... and supposibly study for exams next week and supposibly do a landscape drawing project for school...hahaha, I doubt the last 2 will get done :dizzy: