Ontario Landscapers!!!!

Discussion in 'Network: International' started by Lynden-Jeff, Mar 23, 2008.

1. snowman 2008

snowman 2008 LawnSite Member
    from on.

I would recomend Markham Mower, Markham rd. north of #7. Andy (the owner) is the type of guy that just loves to talk mowers.
    I was in there many times talking, asking qestions before I bought.

2. jwalker17

jwalker17 LawnSite Member

I agree: I completely forgot about him. There is also someone on Passmore beside United Salt (east of kennedy)
  3. PlatinumLandCon

PlatinumLandCon LawnSite Bronze Member

Pristine PM Ltd uses them and I think he's happy with them. I'll be talking to them about a TS420 saw in a few weeks.
  4. snowman 2008

from on.

Guy,s any one know of a organic fertilizer guy in the Kawartha Lakes area. I have a client that was with weed man, with the new ban she said there ready for change.
    5 acres of turf w/210ft lake frontage.

5. jwalker17

jwalker17 LawnSite Member

Sorry I dont,
    but on the fertilizer topic. I have a commercial client that does NOT care enough about the lawn but wants realitively green grass. no money for irrigation just weekly wetdown from a tank.

Any idea on a low maintenance lawn fertilizer? would regular scotts overseed be okay with low water?
  6. snowman 2008

from on.

It,s funny we are talking grass and in the last 20 minuets my lawn turned white. The wind is blowing crazy.
    Spring were are you.

7. DeVries

DeVries LawnSite Member

What are you guy's doing with the new pesticide ban. How are you going too, or do you control weeds in patios etc.

How are you selling this new service to your customers. This ban is kinda new to me. Any input would be great.
  8. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

We're getting customers calling us asking to be put on the list. Ain"t gonna be a list from what I see. Some are asking if we will just spray 2,4D anyway. Sure for $10,000 a lawn I will. I have 6 or 7 sprayers that aren't going to be worth crap. My insurance guy was here this morning and I asked about a refund on my pesticide insurance if the law goes thru as is. He says still need it for round up apps, yeah that'll be a real money maker for me. Won't even cover my insurance premium.
    So who's gonna be the first company to sell round up ready grass?
  9. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff LawnSite Bronze Member

Im pretty sure roundup is banned to. 280 products isnt it?
  10. Jaynen

Jaynen LawnSite Member

I want to know more about the pesticide ban. I have read on the MOE site that class 4 with a class 11 pesticide is okay? What is a biopesticide and who manufactures it? Is it this method with the fungicide? I keep getting calls for weed spraying and chinch bug but I keep telling people no I cant spray for it and they come back at me saying well these other companies will. Anyone one understand why the ban starts april 22? I know its earth day and all, but thats like a whole month of people prolly spraying like crazy.