Ontario Landscapers!!!!

Discussion in 'Network: International' started by Lynden-Jeff, Mar 23, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Jaynen

Jaynen LawnSite Member

I keep getting out bid too, but I dont care. I'm not budging.

2. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

Wife has been out sweeping gravel the last few days, only have a few left to do. Phone is ringing for small jobs, even had one call today a guy asking if we would sell him Par III. We did his big lawn a few times and he complained about the price each time.I suggested he buy his own sprayer so he did and now he can't buy the chems he wants. Fertilizer price is killing us so don't think we're gonna be doing much of that this year, I'm not working for free. Haven't heard from too many grass customers yet but getting equipment ready anyway. We buy and sell stuff and that has been busy, everyone is looking for little side businesses that they can make cash from. Bought a pavement sealing machine and sold it a few days later for double. Think we'll concentrate on stuff like that until things settle down. Everyone wants to trade for stuff, seems to be little cash out there.

3. heather lawn sp

heather lawn sp LawnSite Senior Member

Maybe that was me, Chad. Since last November 2 hotels, an airplane parts factory down the street (Heather can drive the lawn mower there, and has) and a condo townhouse project. Now can I make money at them?

4. dingybigfoot

dingybigfoot LawnSite Member

I'm getting beat by the same style outfits as well.
    4 guys in a single cab. $18.75 a week. WTF???

5. heather lawn sp

heather lawn sp LawnSite Senior Member

I remember doin' that 4 to a cab 2 druggies an x-con and me in 1977, dang I'm old:dizzy:

6. Triple L

Triple L LawnSite Senior Member

$18.75... WOW, I'll stay at home and watch t.v. before i work for that kinda money............. Thats ********!

Thats not even $5 per guy.... NUTZ!

7. DeVries

DeVries LawnSite Member

Looks like plow site has shut down for the summer. Might as well jump on board here I guess.:drinkup:

I'm looking for a 36" stander, if anybody's got one or know of a good dealer I am interested. Has anybody bought across the border and is it cheaper?

Looks like a wet couple of days.

8. DeVries

DeVries LawnSite Member

Hey I'm interested in a toro grandstand or a wright stand on. Does anyone know of a good dealer in my area?

How about in Buffalo is there any good deals across the border?

9. jg244888

jg244888 LawnSite Senior Member

hey could you guys please tell me some good suppliers in the gta for gravel pavers plants etc.....

10. Pristine PM

Pristine PM LawnSite Member

I just picked up two grandstands. They seem pretty nice. An improvement over my 36 sentar sport. I know someone that may have a fairly decent 36 Sentar Sport for sale. Mine is in rough shape, but my neighbour never uses his. Let me know if you are interested in the SS. I don't know what he would want for it.