Ontario Landscapers!!!!

Discussion in 'Network: International' started by Lynden-Jeff, Mar 23, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Triple L

Triple L LawnSite Senior Member

Cleaning up the shop today, found some good stuff someone might be interested in... Was gonna start a new thread but figured I just post it here cause its only a few items... Make an Offer on anything!

- Walker Square drive - driveshaft - for powering snowblower, power sweeper and other attachements with the sqaure drive - Less then 10 hours on it, Like new, $75

- Walker Grass Catcher Bins - For 9.5 bushell catcher, in good shape, SAVE A TON OF TIME! $100

- Walker dethatcher attachment - only used for 2 seasons, needs 3 new tins, $50

- Farm Tractor PTO driveshaft, Brand new, never used - Make a offer...

Plus all parts at the top of this page are still for sale except for the Rear Timbrens.....

003.jpg

004.jpg

002.jpg

001.jpg

2. Triple L

Triple L LawnSite Senior Member

bump!!!

Cant belive I still have those catcher bins... There the next best thing to the high dump on the walker... Everyone likes shovelling???

3. dingybigfoot

dingybigfoot LawnSite Member

March 29th and I'm seeing lco's doing aerations as well as door to door campaigning.
    Ive managed to book my existing accounts for aerations. The problem I have is the new accounts that I've managed to book. I'm priced higher than these guys running around doing them for $40 bucks. I'm afraid that they'll jump ship for these lower guys. Its still too early to do any aerating. Any advice guys??

4. Jaynen

Jaynen LawnSite Member

Its to early in my opinion. I like a consistant 15 degree out. Grass still really isnt growing. I hate Spring Masters, always low ballin and popin sprinkler heads!!

5. dingybigfoot

way too early. literally just got two phone calls from two accounts that i had booked. they cancelled me. by the time its aeration time, they'll all cancel from the looks of it.

6. By-The-Lake

By-The-Lake LawnSite Member

I hear you on the Spring Masters Jaynen. They went down my street last week, but they will be back. I think they only got a few properties this time. I heard rates going for as little as $30 last year after negotiations. They have to be hiring students and paying them by the property - probably only $10/property. I just don't see how they can make any money otherwise. Someone stopped by my house and offered me aeration for $55 so at least they are in a ballpark that I can compete with.

7. dingybigfoot

$55 is within my ballpark as well. but springmasters are pushing hard.

8. Pristine PM

Pristine PM LawnSite Member

Springmasters is really organized, they don't care that it is bad for the grass to be out this early, they just go go go. They somehow managed to extend the season way longer then anyone usually aerated, and then they are trying to take over the asphalt sealing market when the aeretion dries up. Have you seen their carts? Students that don't have a clue what they are doing, but are trying to make that commission.

9. dingybigfoot

yeah ive seen them.
    hey! i saw your guys out at Markham Mower lastweek. were you there??

10. wbread

wbread LawnSite Member

The aerator kids are cruising around London this week, got my feet nice and muddy delivering fliers...

How are you all doing this year with new lawncare customers? Myself and a couple buddies in the biz up in Toronto are hurtin' for new customers, it seems exceptionally slow considering cleanups are about to start. I think I've received about 4 calls from my fliers this month, which is pathetic.

I'm inclined to think more homeowners are doing it themselves, but really, what gives?
    Anyone else getting similar (poor) results this year?