Ontario Landscapers!!!!

Discussion in 'Network: International' started by Lynden-Jeff, Mar 23, 2008.

Tags:
  1. dingybigfoot

dingybigfoot LawnSite Member

Welcome to the forum.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. Pristine PM

Pristine PM LawnSite Member

21 7 7 is fine, just go light!

3. Triple L

Triple L LawnSite Senior Member

I still havent gotten around to fertilizing yet... My earthway spreader rotted out from not washing the fert off... Its only 3 or 4 years old to... Piss me off.... O well, Makes a good excuse to go and buy a new Millermatic 252 welder... Just the welders about 10X more money then the spreader :hammerhead: LOL

4. Triple L

Triple L LawnSite Senior Member

Hay Jon, just out of curosity, How much are those Grandstands? I seen a 25hp 48 or 52" down in florida brand new for $6500 and couldnt belive how cheap the stupid thing was..... Seems like everything is 30% less down there....

5. alanauer

alanauer LawnSite Member

Among all of us, we must buy huge quantities of consumables like fertilizer and lawn seed. I don't know what the markup is, but what if we agreed to buy our supplies from a single chain in exchange for a discount.

Anybody familiar with buying cooperatives (if that's the right term), who could tell us if this idea would be worth pursuing?

6. Pristine PM

Farm Co-ops sort of work like this, but in all honestly... it might take more work then it is worth, we buy our fert fairly cheaply. about 14 a bag. Unless you deal directly with Cargill, you aren't going to get it cheaper.

7. Jaynen

Jaynen LawnSite Member

$15 a bag for fert? Is it sulfur coated? How big is the bag? Surprized you dont got a lesco spreader triple.

8. EcoGreen Services

EcoGreen Services LawnSite Member

I use Holmes Agro / Agrico in Orangeville. Close to me and well priced.

For Seed I use Speares Seed or Master Turf if I want a custom blend. FS in Stayner is good as well.

9. Pristine PM

Depends how many you buy!

10. alanauer

alanauer LawnSite Member

When Ont banned "cosmetic" products the publicity was everywhere. But since last year I've been seeing increasing products like Roundup (ready to use) and now weedkiller in local ads and on chainstore shelves.

But not a word in the press about what non-licenced homeowners or LCOs can apply. Anybody know exactly what these recent changes are?