Ontario Landscapers!!!!

Discussion in 'Network: International' started by Lynden-Jeff, Mar 23, 2008.

Tags:
  1. JFGauvreau

JFGauvreau LawnSite Bronze Member

Pretty sure I'm going to start like last year around the 1st of april. Snow is pretty much all melted, almost. Still have a couple of banks with 1 foot of snow. But by the time everything melts, grass will be do soft and damp to do anything.

2. Pristine PM

Pristine PM LawnSite Member

What city are you in?

3. barney14

barney14 LawnSite Member

Second week if we don't get torrential rain.

4. JFGauvreau

JFGauvreau LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm in Ottawa.

5. By-The-Lake

By-The-Lake LawnSite Member

I think it will really depend on the area. I have seen some areas that look OK no but will have a better idea next week when I start doing estimates and clean-ups if possible. My area in Oak Ridges is a swamp and will likely stay that way until close to May. I took my son for a bike ride around the block and was really shocked at how much damage was caused by the city side walk plow this year. Lots of nice big strips of turf missing up to 6" on either side of sidewalk and also pretty deep depressions from the tractor tires on either side of sidewalk.

Hey dingybigfoot, how are you liking the Grandstand? I am planning to get a 36" model this year with the striping kit and OCDC. I might pick up a few larger properties this year - over an acre (already in conversation with a few potential clients) but most of my properties are smaller (1/5 - 1/2 acre) but several have small gates with large backyards. Hoping the GS will give me a productivity boost on smaller props, allow me to finish the day with a bit of energy left over, and allow me to mow a few bigger places until next year when I will likely invest in a 60" G3.

6. Pristine PM

Yeah, the sidewalk guys did a real number on things this year. I am starting to see a few homeowner out raking, no commercial guys yet.

7. stratfordpropertycare

stratfordpropertycare LawnSite Member

8. stratfordpropertycare

All gone except piles and drifts........ just may be on the grass etc... for the first week of April...

Looks like another busy year....

9. Pristine PM

He sold his insert, and I just sold a short box one I had kicking around. What size are you looking for? Steel, stainless, or Aluminium? If you are interested in Plastic, you can't beat the price at Princess Auto for the Dumper Dogg.

10. stratfordpropertycare

Many thanks for the tip, looks like a good unit for the price, do you know anyone using one ???

Thanks Al