Ontario Landscapers!!!!

Discussion in 'Network: International' started by Lynden-Jeff, Mar 23, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Dodge Boys

Dodge Boys LawnSite Member

Better break out the plows and sanders.... They're saying possible snow Monday night.... Upwards of two inches possible..... It's going to be a crazy weather year.... 80's in March and snow late April!!!!
    :canadaflag:

2. DragonflyGardening

DragonflyGardening LawnSite Member

What the? Snow? This is maybe the stangest weather I can remember. What will snow do to fresh ungerminated grass seed?

3. ALEX'S LANDSCAPING

ALEX'S LANDSCAPING LawnSite Senior Member

I can't run summer gas in the snowblowers!!!! (hopefully there won't be any need for them)

A little salt will do just fine.

Dragonfly: it happened last year to me with fertillizer that I applied that day but, it did no damage to anything. Not sure about grass seed tho.

4. ALEX'S LANDSCAPING

ALEX'S LANDSCAPING LawnSite Senior Member

How's everyone's year going so far???

I've been so busy that I haven't even had time to come on the site since the 28th!!

Picked a new Stihl KM55R on Saturday:cool2: so I'm happy about that.

Gonna do some mowing tomorrow if the rain doesn't get in my way. (Even though I mow in the rain but, only if I want to hehe:laugh:)

5. DragonflyGardening

Going pretty good, can't tell if it's slow this year or just really spread out - I usually get my gardening/landscaping calls in Mid-may to mid-june (cottagers). Didn't pick up too many new mowing customers but didn't work at it hard enough either.

Getting tired of raking...

Oh, I built a pond at my house on Sat/Sun (okay, half done maybe - it's flowing but i need to fix up the sides and waterfall a bit before laying stone). Was super fun and I'm very excited about it, but not taking even a half day off has me feeling pretty weary already on a Tuesday - got home at 3:00 today and fell right alseep until 6:00. Good thing we finished up early I guess.

6. Gilmore.Landscaping

Gilmore.Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

schedule is always full no nothing to complain about yet, had to buy a new to me stander just to keep up, picking that up tomorrow so I am pretty excited. Hopefully a few more calls for maintenance but I couldn't be more pleased so far...

7. Five Points

Five Points LawnSite Member

what did you buy as I have a 2011 grandstand for sale. 52 inch 23 hp kawi. 450 hrs. Ive got it on kijiji but not much action. Good mower but Id like another walker to match what I have.

8. Five Points

Five Points LawnSite Member

Anyone have some good news to share on Fiesta. I did some lawns last year and am pretty pleased with results. This yr I have booked lots of people and condos for weed control. Everywhere I go people are asking for weedcontrol. :canadaflag:

Hope all are off to a good season. My wife did the invoicing today and the stack is pretty thick going in the mail. Of course the stack of bills is kinda thick also.:cry:

9. DragonflyGardening

I just filled out my application for license tonight to start doing firsts next year. My brother has had good results.

Man I want a grandstand so bad..but likely can't afford...how much?
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. Gilmore.Landscaping

Gilmore.Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

I think I did see that one on kijiji. But 52 was too big, I got a 36". Its my primary mower and needed it to fit in all my yards, most of which are less the 1/2 acre anyway.

Do you have a bagger that will maybe fit my 36" Sentar you would be willing to sell? Or anyone else for that matter.