Ontario Landscapers!!!!

Discussion in 'Network: International' started by Lynden-Jeff, Mar 23, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Five Points

Five Points LawnSite Member

i just bought one for my walker was bout 110 with tax. nothin is cheap anymore.

2. alanauer

alanauer LawnSite Member

"Any opinions on whether or not having a fixed deck on a 34" stander would be a horrible idea for me and my scalping concerns...."

If that deck, half as wide as what most operators use, would scalp, you're mowing a construction site, not a lawn.

And if it is that bad, you could offer to level it. Without a tractor with box blade, you could have a load of topsoil dumped near, and shovel/level it into the depressions by hand, and seed it. A bit of work, and you'd have to water it every few days for a bit.

But then you'd likely want a wider machine.

3. DragonflyGardening

DragonflyGardening LawnSite Member

Just curious, how much do you Ontario guys look to get per hour for gardening work? We aim for $40.00, which I think is pretty fair - about what I make per hour of lawn mowing or less. We do some quotes where people seem downright mad about the price and then, apparently, find someone to do it for less. I should mention it is "skilled" gardening - my wife has a horticulture diploma and a biology and environmental studies degree.

Any thoughts?

4. Jaynen

Jaynen LawnSite Member

Holy dust masks! Hey Chad saw you out on queen street a few weeks ago, lookin sexy! ;)
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. S-205

S-205 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ontario

That seems pretty fair to me, as long as you mention the fact that it isn't just weeding and turning the soil over. Pruning and knowing your plant material is entirely different, and more horticulture oriented.

It has been dry around here too!

Anyone competing or work for Gelderman?

6. ALEX'S LANDSCAPING

ALEX'S LANDSCAPING LawnSite Senior Member

I am super busy! Doing a bunch of things: Planting- really time consuming!!!
    Watering- I want rain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's very dry! NOOOOO! :cry: not to mention that the watering is by hand. Hopefully rain comes Sunday cause I need it!!!!
    Mowing has slowed down a bit but were still going fasttt!

Loving the HOT weather!

While going to an account from another I found an '08 yes, '08 craftsman lawnmower with a briggs 5.50hp 158cc engine with self propelled.

Problem was that HO was probaly throwing it out because he went up a very high incline resulting in oil starvation and oil pouring out of the muffler.

Solution: Took it home, cleaned it up, changed the spark plug, oil and air filter then it fired up first pull!!!! I think i ve talked enough so good nite!

7. ALEX'S LANDSCAPING

ALEX'S LANDSCAPING LawnSite Senior Member

I hope everyone can understand my spelling because I was really tired the other night. Hope everyone is ok and well

8. Gilmore.Landscaping

Gilmore.Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

So how was everyone's cutting today? haha.

Thought I would still go out for a while and do bed maintenance at some properties.....Two rain jackets and 3 Shirts later I decided I had enough....

9. shepoutside

shepoutside LawnSite Bronze Member

Equipment got washed, LOL

10. nickslawnltd

nickslawnltd LawnSite Member

How's everyone making out with the drought?