Ontario Landscapers!!!!

Discussion in 'Network: International' started by Lynden-Jeff, Mar 23, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Ottawa

Ottawa LawnSite Member
    from Ontario

Hello All

I'm considering starting a business. Not specific to lawn care, more general excavation service.
    Before I jump into a huge start up debt any advice. In particular I'm trying to work out if the market will support another small excavation company. I see a lot of ads on-line, and from the numbers I've run you would need to charge about $65 to make a living. Even at that rate a person would need to be sure of 40 billable hours per week.
    Any advice offered regarding this business area would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

2. wbread

wbread LawnSite Member

I'm looking for a gps tracking device for my truck, but haven't found many Canadian options - Anyone have any suggestions? I'm looking for just basic location tracking.
    Thanks!

3. THIESSENS TLC

THIESSENS TLC LawnSite Senior Member

Does anybody know if i need a license to apply granular fertilizer? i heard you dont need one for granular, but you need one for liquid. Is this true? Any help would be appreciated! Thanks guys:canadaflag:

4. ALEX'S LANDSCAPING

ALEX'S LANDSCAPING LawnSite Senior Member

:waving:How are all you guys doing? I forgot that I had an account on lawnsite as I was really busy because my buisness is really growing and just seen a Lawnsite ad on a website and then I remembered to come back on here!!

5. DragonflyGardening

DragonflyGardening LawnSite Member

I thought I might post this here instead of on the marketplace because of the lack of Ontario content there - anyone interested in trading a walk-behind for my Gravely 34z? I want to walk...or maybe stand...

6. nickslawnltd

nickslawnltd LawnSite Member

Sent you a private message

7. ALEX'S LANDSCAPING

DragonFly.... Where are you located?
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. DragonflyGardening

9. ALEX'S LANDSCAPING

Darn it!! I'm in Markham I think it might be too far for you?? Dunno

10. DragonflyGardening

Not really man, driving doesn't phase me, got anything interesting? :)