ontario suppliers

Discussion in 'Nurseries and Growers' started by griffin_73, Mar 14, 2008.

1. griffin_73

griffin_73 LawnSite Member

im lookin for some wholesale suppliers of mulch, stones, and soils in ontario is there anyone on here that knows of some or is one and doesnt mind helping me out

2. zam-silva

zam-silva LawnSite Member

are you still looking for a supplier?how much do you pay ? I might be able to help you out

3. griffin_73

yea im still lookin for a supplier right now im just gettin the stuff as i need it from the local garden center but i wanna open my own supply yard what stuff can you help me out with

4. zam-silva

pretty much anything that comes out of pits and quarries.

5. griffin_73

give me some prices on some examples

6. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale LawnSite Senior Member

Join Landscape Ontario, or go on their website, they list everything your going to need. They have a source book too, with supplier contacts of everything.

7. griffin_73

ok ill check that website out

8. zam-silva

off the top of my head some examples are 3/4 crush 30ton, screening 30ton,golden brown armour stone 75 ton(nurseries sell this for almost 200 ton)

9. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale LawnSite Senior Member

I thought I read he's looking to start a Garden center-those prices hes quoting you is retail. For aggregate, armour stone etc, and that kinda stuff your going to deal with a quarry direct and get prices landed in your yard for half if not a third of what hes quoting you. You may as well pull your pants down and bend over if your gonna deal with that guy-help the brother out-dont try to shaft him, please.

10. griffin_73

yea i just noticed that too i only pay 10 bucks a ton for crush run 8 bucks for screenings i was more lookin for decortive stone river stone crushed brick mulch that kind of stuff and johnny i checked out the ontario landscape website not bad lot of good info id love to join but its impossible if you dont no anyone already in it