1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by J&M Lawncare, Aug 28, 2003.

1. J&M Lawncare

J&M Lawncare LawnSite Member

Well last week when changing hedge trimmer blades, cut my best communication finger, and extender tendon, and had to have surgery last Friday.

Then to make matters worse, today I discovered a bee's nest in the ground the hard way. What a sight as a friend drove by while I was doing my best dance imitations. Only got stung twice, but had 10-20 bees on my pant leg. Thank God for cargo pants!!!!!:blob2: :blob2: :blob2: :dizzy:
  2. OOOUUUCCCHHH........ ||||/ which ones?

twice in 1 week...
  3. steve in Pa.

steve in Pa. LawnSite Senior Member

got nailed twice last week two days in a row. first one was in the head then the next day in the knee area. just now getting done itching.
  4. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

ouch with the finger
  5. GLAN

GLAN Banned

Take care of yourself............
  6. Kingbman1

Kingbman1 LawnSite Member

Yesterday I ran over a hornets nest, stung four times in the ankle, can't put a shoe on.
  7. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

Things have to get better for you. Good Luck with a speedy recovery. Take a break.
  8. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

JM--when I started using gas powered hedge clippers I had a series of accidents.

several times I let the blamed things get ahold of me but never as seriously as what happened to your greeting finger.:waving:

those things will chew up elbows and knees like one of those little mineature dobermans! :eek:

the common denominator in getting nipped was always being careless and tired.

good luck with your recovery.