1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Oooops, when is it gonna be fixed?

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by thill, Mar 3, 2004.

1. LSAdmin

LSAdmin Web Developer Staff Member

What takes the most resources are the database queries to generate pages - forum listings, thread listings or thread view pages.

By simply stating that the server is too busy, the forum software avoids making these queries to the database and therefore greatly reduce the load associated to a normal page view. Once the server load is back to normal, it can start showing pages normally again.

I am still monitoring the server and seeing what can be done to improve the situation, given the high increase in popularity LawnSite has got in the past weeks.

Regards,

Pierre-Luc

2. M Raggs Yard Service

M Raggs Yard Service LawnSite Member

OOP'S........

By far much better. Have not seen an OOP'S on this end for the last 3 evenings.

3 p.m.-6p.m. Pac. time had been the worst.

Keep up the good work.
    Mike

3. Sean Adams

Sean Adams LawnSite Gold Member

I spoke to Pierre yesterday. When we put LawnSite on its own server, we thought that it would solve the problem we were having before, which was server downtime. The problem was solved once we made the change. However, the site has grown much faster than we anticipated so Pierre has come up with a solution. We are going to have to dedicate two servers to LawnSite, which should eliminate the "oops" message.

Pierre said he would find some time this week to make the addition and that should make everything run smoothly once again.

I know it is frustrating, because I get the message too. I have to laugh though....kinda reminds me of walking up to your own front door and no one will let you in;)

The message used to be "server is down" or something to that effect. But Chuck changed it to oops because he is such a funny guy....I was thinking, maybe that message should read "The site is down because there are too many people accessing the site at this time. If you would like to voice your displeasure call Sean Adams at home during dinner time and let him know you aren't too happy!"

What do you guys think?

4. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

I was thinking more like 2 A.M.:waving:

5. bigshoe

bigshoe LawnSite Member

Sean that is good now I will have to look up your phone number :p But seriously it has gotten much much better. Thanks Pierre, Sean and all of the Moderators.

6. thill

thill LawnSite Member

YUP - its more better (or is it, more gooder).

In either case, thanks

Tom