Ooops....

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by nhlakes, Jul 24, 2005.

1. nhlakes

nhlakes LawnSite Member
    from nh

[​IMG]

Oooops….. Apparently a rock came out of my Mini-Z and took out the window of my Mercedes SLK… I didn’t see it happen, but when I went to take a ride to store a few hours after mowing the lawn I discovered the window. It is the only scenario I can come up with. The car was unlocked, we are in a remote area and were around, so I’m sure it was not vandalism.

[​IMG]

The car was parked next to a steep hill. I come up the hill fast and need to make a quick turn at the top to avoid the gravel. I noticed after one turn that I'd turned in the wrong direction and discharged in the wrong direction, so I made sure I didn't do that again, but it was apparently too late….

[​IMG]

Live and learn... :rolleyes:

2. OVO

OVO LawnSite Member

So what happens now bro??? ..... you paying for the window ?

3. fishinpa

fishinpa LawnSite Senior Member
    from SE PA

Te car is totaled now. I see and AMG in your future!

4. nhlakes

nhlakes LawnSite Member
    from nh

Yep, unless the cost exceeds my insurance deductable. (Fortunate that it was my car and not someone else's.)

I don't think so... I'd miss the 28mpg... :)

PS: My primary reason for posting this was to make other folks aware of what a thrown rock can do.

5. fishinpa

fishinpa LawnSite Senior Member
    from SE PA

I understand and feel bad for your situation. I was hoping you'd get a chuckle out of it for 1/2 a second or so.

6. nhlakes

nhlakes LawnSite Member
    from nh

Total damage was just $185

Relatively cheap lesson learned...

Now we now to watch that discharge chute!

7. Glenn J

Glenn J LawnSite Member

Wow! Glad you were able to fix it for a reasonable price.

That really shows how much damage a mower throwing something can do. I don't like mowing when my wife is out in the yard doing work for that exact reason.