1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Oops. Don't do this.

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by TURFLORD, Jul 23, 2006.

TURFLORD LawnSite Senior Member

I was installing some channel drains with a helper the other day across the head of a concrete driveway. All went well until I started to tie in to a field drain I installed back in the day. We were digging and ran into a piece of oak 2x4 too long and deep to dig up. So I thought I could cut through it with my brand new 14" Shindy w/diamond blade. WRONG. I'm not sure why but I killed that brand new $150 blade in about 10 seconds. A daimond blade will cut concrete,stone, and rebar, but not WOOD!!!:hammerhead: :hammerhead: The good part is the dealer comp'ed the blade. The bad part is I still have to buy a new one.:cry:
  2. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

I'll have to keep that one in mind!
  3. AAELI

AAELI LawnSite Senior Member

That is definitly a first! and last for you I presume. The blade cannot be scoured and cleaned?? That surprises me that a diamond coated blade would be ruined, no surprise that it would not cut wood. I guess the right tool for the job means you will carry and use something different next time?