1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by gatormowing, Jul 29, 2005.

1. gatormowing

gatormowing LawnSite Member

Today at several of my stops I've noticed new phone books in the driveway or laying beside the mailbox. I had to move one to the side so I could mow around the mailbox. Well, I start mowing around the swale which is full of water and back up to change directions and all of a sudden. Whomp!! Yellow pages everywhere. Spent the next 30 minutes cleaning up.
  2. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

its such a pain. I can only imagine a phone book, must have put paper clippings everywhere.
  3. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

What mower did you hit it with. ZTR?
  4. stumper1620

stumper1620 LawnSite Bronze Member

double oop's :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  5. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

Happened to me with a newspaper. It was a off day I guess. :rolleyes:
  6. Tonyr

Tonyr LawnSite Bronze Member

awwwwww yeahhhhhhh, been there done that...especially with old newspapers in the long grass, wow, don't they make a mess!

worse if it is windy too!

Everytime I get this happen my blood boils at the lazy ass clients who leave their lawns get overgrown and are too fuggin lazy to pick their damn newspapers up, many here don't call a ride on mowing service till the grass is over 10'' high lol, so no hope of finding them pre mowing.

The joys of mowing lol.